Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just been having a nose arnd on flea bay and found a tbs with daytona clocks they come up pritty cheap on e bay and ive read in here few guys have had probs with there clocks so maybe a cheap alternative to standard clocks if you can find them that is I guess some mods might need doing to get them to fit and just a thought would the water temp gauge work on our bikes has anyone did this mod ?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I had 1994-1996 Speed Triple gauges on my TBS, they are a direct fit and look really classy. I was going to fit 1995 Daytona gauges but if I remember correctly something with the mounting studs didn't line up with the cups. I did end up putting the 1995 Daytona gauges in a T509 gauge cluster and mounted it to my 1995 S3 along with a flyscreen. T500 gauges should also work, mechanical speedo and same amount of wires on the tacho but I haven't done it myself, they are usually cheaper and more available than the early ones if you want white face gauges. The S3 and Daytona gauge faces are slightly different in in those years (1997-2001) the Daytona tacho has a higher redline than the S3 and the S3 has more numbers on the speedo. As far as I know the temperature sending units on the T3 classics and T3 sport models are the same, on my S3 I had an idiot light with the stock setup (same as the T-birds but with white faces) and I plugged in the Daytona gauges and the temp gauge worked! I also had a working low fuel light which wasn't in my original cluster but I don't think the classic tanks have a sensor for that. You should look into Trophy gauges.

I hope this helps!

94-96 S3 gauges

Daytona gauges in the TBS bracket

Daytona Gauges on my '95 S3

T500 gauges

·
Registered
796 Posts
Do these clock sets actually last? It seems that the original clocks tend to have a mind of their own. My trip gauge just decided to quit and I have already lost two tachs to mental illness. The original committed suicide by twisting its needle off right in front of me and my current replacement is just plain schizophrenic!

Beyond being just plain beautiful, perhaps the 9,500 redline models are different in some very key way?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ty meanchuck for the info i do like the look of those white clocks and i have been thinkin of puttin a temp gauge on for a while now so this would be a cheap way to replace all three clocks as for being relyable i cant say mr bentwrench but for cheap replacement you cant go wrong

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
The Daytona clocks look fine to me, tho' I think a fly screen in front tidies up the look a bit.

The other clocks on T3 models do seem a bit more robust, or maybe it's the more vibration free mounting. Anyhow, the Trophy clocks I've had for years now have a total of over 96k miles on them.

I think someone wanted to see a pic in another thread but I forgot where...

Plug right in of course & temp gauge works fine off our temp sensor. IIRC one of the lights isn't used on our bikes, so just take the bulb out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts