Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some Daytona clip ons I could purchase? I believe the 02 model has the style I am talking about. I am looking for the ones with a little bit of a rise for my TBS cafe project.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
This is the forum for the carbureted sport/touring models, so not for the '02 955i Daytona...

What kind of forks are you putting on your cafe project? The '02 Daytona has 45mm forks, versus 43mm for our bikes & (I think) your TBS. Maybe pre-'97 clip-ons would work?

I ended up going with very expensive Woodcraft clip-ons for my project. $200 for clip-ons w/ 2" rise, but at least the actual bars are only $15 a pop if it falls over...

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

I was misinformed, thanks for the info. I will look for older model pieces. I am not replacing the original forks. I just wanted clip ons and I was told the Daytona's would fit.

best,
John

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
No worries; pre-'97 Daytona or Speed Triple clip-ons will fit your forks.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
If you struggle to find original triumph clip-ons, there are plenty of alternatives out there, depending on your budget.

A lot of sport bikes out there used 43mm forks and there are plenty of after-market options.

I am using Tommaselli clip-ons on my naked Sprint and I really like them. They come with risers which are adjustable every which way so you can experiment with different set-ups and change it for any occasion! I go on a lot about these bars but they are really nice quality being polished aluminium and they really look nice on a cafe style bike where polished ally rules!

Cheers,

Roden

1 - 5 of 5 Posts