Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only seen 2 of these my entire life. A blue 2002+ when I was getting my motorcycle endorsement and mine. They don't seem to be common here in the states.

·
Registered
1998 T595 Daytona 2014 Kawasaki Ninja1000ABS
7,982 Posts
I see more Sprints of the vintage. I've only seen one other '97 T595, mine is a '98. I do see them regularly on eBay though. I'd wager a lot more Speeds were sold during the same period of production of the Daytona. I would agree that they are rare here, or at least where I ride. I found it odd when I would pull into a Triumph dealership that the bike would hardly get a look by the staff.

·
Premium Member
24,401 Posts
I don't believe a huge number of Daytona's were sold.

You do see them here but they are certainly not common, which I rather like.:smile2:

Also they are definitely underrated by those who do not know the capabilities of a properly set up Daytona 955i............. which I also like :grin2:

cheers
DaveM

·
Registered
865 Posts
I love the fact that you dont see many of em ! The reason why you dont see more of them I think is that the 2 wheeled press never gave them good reviews, which turned out to be a selling point for me, well the triple was also, had a Sprint RS prior to the Daytona and knew I wanted another one. With a few tweeks here and there its an awesome bike! I couldnt part with it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I haven't seen any other then mine and that other one. People don't know what it is and ask me about it all the time. I can understand them being hard to sell. People are all about reviews and bandwagoning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts