Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’m new to bikes. It’s cut out on me 4 times now. My technical knowledge is minimal. I’ve had the regulator rectifier replaced but it’s keep loosing all its electrics. Could if he the stator? Or should I check the reg rec isn’t after market?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Jharris.

It seems to me that all the Daytona 955i models have very poor electrics, and is a real achilles heel for the model.

I have just upgraded my electrics using @DEcosse advice, if you want to follow my progress please consider subbing to the following thread..

Just bought a 149 ps Daytona 955i in racing yellow...

You can read the whole thread if you want, but it's best to go to latest post, and work back

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It seems to me that all the Daytona 955i models have very poor electrics, and is a real achilles heel for the model.
Hinckley models of all flavours with crank mounted alternators have been equally troublesome. In their defence so have many bikes with similar setups in the Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and Kawasaki ranges, the VFR being particularly notorious. Yamahas and Kawasakis fitted with Shindengen MOSFET reg/recs from new seem not to be as fragile.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hi guys I’m new to bikes. It’s cut out on me 4 times now. My technical knowledge is minimal. I’ve had the regulator rectifier replaced but it’s keep loosing all its electrics. Could if he the stator? Or should I check the reg rec isn’t after market?
Just wondering - when you say "cut out" is that as in battery flat, weird stuff on the dash and engine stops, or is it bike is going fine then suddenly cuts out, but starts again afterwards. I know you've mentioned having the reg/rec replaced, but when my bike kept "cutting out" it was because the (now ex-)mechanic hadn't tightened the earth connection on the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts