Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really enjoying my new 08 Daytona 675 but am thinking of putting on some risers to raise bars. I know stock is probalbly best, but I'm not 22 anymore and would like to be a little more comfortable. A long shot would be Speed Tripple Bars & risers would they work?? Again I usually think stock is best but any advise is greatly appreciated. I know I might have to change cables etc etc thanks

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
HeliBars have an application for the 675 that some guys really like. They are still clipons, but raise the bars quite a bit.

canyondancer over on triumph675.net did a conversion and put Street Triple risers and bars on his Daytona and then ended up converting it to a naked bike. You might soot him a PM over there to find out the specifics.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I have the Helis and they are OK comfort wise. However, they do promote a more upright riding position. I also put on the Triumph tall shield. I am having some difficulty right now with throttle cable action that may have happened during installation. They do help with wrist comfort and allow me to get off the seat easier. Nice stuff. If you are going to track day the bike, stick with stockers. This bike is very aerodynamic and little changes create changes in riding style to compensate. I'd be nervous about sitting up too tall with bars/risers on this light bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daytona 675 Risers

Thanks for the Advice and links to check. I will ride the Daytona 675 stock but will keep the risers in mind. The Daytona is a great Bike to ride, can't believe the power compared to my Harleys. The brakes are fantastic can stop on a dime compared to my Harleys. :

·
Super Moderator
8,844 Posts
Thanks for the Advice and links to check. I will ride the Daytona 675 stock but will keep the risers in mind. The Daytona is a great Bike to ride, can't believe the power compared to my Harleys. The brakes are fantastic can stop on a dime compared to my Harleys. :
I bet! :p I can't begin to imagine coming directly from a Harley to a 675 without an intermediate step. It's like going from a Sopwith Camel to an F-15. Don't get me wrong- I enjoy riding Harleys when given a chance, but there's almost no comparison aside from having two wheels and bars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts