Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to find out if the regulator/rectifier has been changed on a 2008 model. I’ve looked, it looks relatively new??

·
Registered
734 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to find out if the regulator/rectifier has been changed on a 2008 model. I’ve looked, it looks relatively new??
If it works (LOL) then it'll probably have been changed to the later and more reliable MOSFET type. The earlier shunt type (yes, yes all you electro boffins I know the MOSFETS are still shunt type but you know what I mean) were/are notorious for failing.

If you can see the number printed on it's side post it here and we can identify it for you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The original was hardwired. As in the wires came directly out of the RR, from the top I believe. The replacement Triumph did was to install a Shindengen FH020AA RR. That RR has connectors that pointed towards the right side of the bike.

The stock P/N for the RR is/was T1300823. If you google that and FH020AA you will be able to see the differences between them.

When Triumph did the replacement they also changed the bracket, but you can re-use the stock bracket with a tiny bit of modification. They also added what they called a lead link cable (P/N T2500676). That allowed for plug and play capabilities between the new/upgraded RR and the bikes wiring. I have been running the FH020AA RR and the lead link cable since 2009 with zero issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts