Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe my clutch is burned out on my Daytona 650. Symptoms are increase in RPMs with no resulting forward thrust, or in other words the clutch doesn't fully engage or its just slipping due to decreased friction. I basically can't go over 60 mph on the highway and it takes a really long time to reach that speed, theres no torque and take off sucks.

I've adjusted the clutch cable at both ends (at the handle and at the lever) and it didn't help that much. It hepled a little at first, but then it would just progressively get worse as time went on. I also tried "unsticking" the clutch plates but putting it in gear (engine off) and "bangin" the bike back and forth. There was no change.

Bikebandit says a new clutch is a whopping $1500 which I can't afford. So, basically my real question is where can I get a new clutch for an affordable price? Or can I swap in another bikes clutch (like will any other clutch fit and work) or are there any aftermarket clutches for cheaper? I've tried looking and I never found anything. I searched ebay and craigslist with no results for a used clutch.

So any information on getting a new clutch is greatly appreciated. That or a way to fix my existing clutch...

·
Super Moderator
8,844 Posts
What's included in the $1500? If you just get the friction and pressure plates, but don't buy the clutch basket and all the rest, it should be a whole lot less.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts