Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daytona 500 bobber

Ok Everyong i am new to the cycle scene I have a co-worker that has a bobber with a daytona 500 engine in it he told me i need to get s springer seat and carbs. I am 20 years old and love restoring older things that where GOOD when they where made unlike most things today. Can any one help me is this a good deal i am going to look at the bike next week to see what its all about. Thanks Alot everyone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i am new to the cycle scene my coworker is selling me a daytona bobber with a 500 in it he said i need carbs and a set the rest of the bike is there. i have no clue where to start where can i find carbs hpw much they are going to run me and how much is a set going to run. can u put a pasanger set on a bobber. i now i sound like a rookie thats because i am. he only wants 500 for it what do u guy think....thanks alot

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Ok i am new to the cycle scene my coworker is selling me a daytona bobber with a 500 in it he said i need carbs and a set the rest of the bike is there. i have no clue where to start where can i find carbs hpw much they are going to run me and how much is a set going to run. can u put a pasanger set on a bobber. i now i sound like a rookie thats because i am. he only wants 500 for it what do u guy think....thanks alot
Sounds to me that's a lot of work for a cycle newby......could be a lot of fun, but also a lot of $$.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You think $500 is to much for it ? what do u think i am looking at price wise for the carbs any ideas thanks alot

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hard to say without seeing it... How long has it been sitting? Any idea what made it stop running the first time? What else besides a seat and carbs does it need? What year is the engine?

$500 for a fairly complete Daytona wouldn't be too bad, I guess... I wouldn't expect to be riding it around by next week, tho'.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He said the motor is from the 60's he put a set of snowmobile carbs on it last year just to get it started and it ran he said. other than the seat and the carbs that's all he said it need i really wont know till i look at it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
snowmobile carbs, could be a set of e.g. Mikuni VM34 carbs, those were used on a lot of sleds

·
Registered
162 Posts
!

eya dsickler!

$500 for that Daytona is a good price, now when you need parts or info give us the year, and sometimes the engine or frame number.

we need pix to get any idea of what condition the bikes in.

YOU need to read the manual AND the parts book . heres a link to some PDF versions from Chopped Triumphs. a really good site, send him a thank you if you use the manuals.

http://www.choppedtriumphs.net/BOOKS.html

we have parts if you can't find any locally. just post a parts needed thread. and we might have the parts you need.

also post where you are, that always helps.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I say get it....The Daytona is a great bike. For $500.00 it would be an excellent bike for you to learn from. You will get a tremendous amount of pride and character built up from tackling your own project.....
:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts