Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am looking to get rid of the OEM rear fender, i am aware that there are some tail tidy's available.
At the moment i am thinking of cutting the rear fender just under the license plate light , mounting a short/universal licensplate bracket and relocating the indicators to this bracket.
Is there anyone here who has done this to their Daytona T595 body or T509 T595 Speed Triple and wanting to share info on this?

Kind regards,

Patrick

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Patrick,

The link below shows the Mods I've done and the video shows how the tail is atm (the front display has changed as I have now converted it to a circular LED Rev counter and changed the warning LED's a bit).

Tail Mod

Basically I used a Dremel to cut the original tail and numberplate hanger off and bought a cheap universal tailtidy from ebay which fitted perfectly and just added some LED indicators (also from ebay).

When I swapped the Tail Light for a unit that had built in indicators I removed the ones from the tailtidy as I preferred the sleeker look (I then added the LED strips at a later date as I prefer to be as visible as possible).

All dead easy to do so don't worry that it needs loads of technical expertise.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts