Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Had my D1200 serviced and dyno'd came out at 115 bhp, I know different dynos give slightly different reading but is 115 ok ??

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
You'll be getting some help from the real experts here in a little while. I had a 1200SE and it dynoed at 137hp. I do not know what differences there could be year to year. Did the dyno man give you any indication of why?

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I know in the car world, that a different dyno can give not just a slightly different number, but a big diffeence.

For example. Dynojet will dyno a car say at 300 hp's and then go to a shop with a Mustang dyno and you will see 270 hp's. Also need to consider the humidity factor and temperature change. And the shop as well.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
For what its worth the las 1200 I had Dynoed came in at 128bhp measured at the rear wheel, so 115 seems a bit low.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Mine was dyno'd at 117 but the lame-o technician running the thing didn't know his hole from as ass in the ground so I have no confidence it that figure. He (the technician) told me they had just had the machine serviced and that it wasn't working properly yet, he said that dynos can be off by 7%, whatever...

dc

·
Registered
134 Posts
Local atmosferic pressure and air temperature are fundamental to engine performance measurement and BHP output comparison. Dyno data from different measurements should be corrected to the same atmosferic condition to allow any comparison to be made.
Fuel calorific power output also matters but to a second order effect since automotive fuel are very similar worldwide.
Just as an exemple, at 3000 ft altitude an engine will have 10% less power for a given throtle setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts