Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just taken delivery of my first ever Triumph and have only ridden the previous ST a few kms. I’m a die-hard BMW fan and whilst I still like BM’s, first impressions of my new ST have me grinning from ear to ear.

Whilst I’ll have to wait for a longer ride for a meaningful review and I’m restricted at the moment to low rpm and minimal throttle, I can tell that this thing is smooth, torquey and very nimble. I’m also finding it very easy to ride and feel comfortable on.

In short, I’m very happy with my decision and I’ll report more when I’ve lived with it a bit.

Here’s a pic for those interested. (I hope this works as I haven't posted a pic before)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
tuk,
Welcome and I'm not at all surprised that you love your new ride! And you'll really come to love this site. Great bunch here with a wealth of info for any issue you have.

(I hope you can correct the problem with your picture not showing. I'd love to see your new '07.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congratulations tuk,

it's great to read about another ST owner with a good first impression of their bike.

In this forum there are several posts of new owners with big smiles or grins on their faces. I'm not one of them, yet. Just have to keep living vicariously though riders such as yourself.

Any other comments on the bike would be appreciated.

[ This message was edited by: Flash on 2006-12-08 07:37 ]

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Congratulations Tuk,
very nice indeed, I am sure you will not regret the purchase.

It's a pity you couldn't get the faster Caspian Blue model but they may have ceased production due to it's excessive speed! :-D

Good onya Tuk :)

Davem :cool:

·
Registered
569 Posts
On 2006-12-08 19:37, DaveM wrote:
Congratulations Tuk,
very nice indeed, I am sure you will not regret the purchase.

It's a pity you couldn't get the faster Caspian Blue model but they may have ceased production due to it's excessive speed! :-D

Good onya Tuk :)

Davem :cool:
:roflmoa2: :roflmoa2:
ah Dave your such a classic... why do you think I own a blue one..
welcome Tuk have a great time youve got miles of grins to go.. remember to massage your face at eachrest stop...this will stop your face from aching from the continual grin you will have from riding this beastie...

welcome aboard.. watch out for the insanity in this place.
cheers
Jen

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS, BIG TIME!!

Congratulations Tuk - what a lovely bike!

I sold my '02 Sprint about 2 months ago....just before I started a project in Brisbane, away from home...and am suffering withdrawal symptoms hugely :(

However, when this project is over, an ST in the Red is on order :-D

Will I survive the wait - until Feb '07???

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tuk,

Congrats mate!
Nice looking bike. Looks just like my Tornado Red '07.
I put 380 miles on mine this week and loving it more. Great bike. You'll love it!
Be safe.

Ara

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome all.

Just had a lovely Sunday morning ride of 300kms to help me get used to it. Oooo and I'm loving it.

Pretty hard keeping it to only 3500rpm for the first 160kms but now being able to go to 5,000rpm let's me experience some of the potential.

Handles brilliantly, the motor's an absolute gem and it's very, very comforatble. Much more so than my K1200RS I sold a couple of months ago.

I'll post some more pics when I figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Now, I think it's time to go for another ride........

Yahooo!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts