Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone's interested in a Davida Classic helmet, I just posted one in the classifieds.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Sorry. I just bought a full face helmet last night. Figured it would keep my chin from freezing. Didn't help at all. May actually be worse. It was 28 degrees this morning when I went to work. Chin & hands got cold. Need heated grips.
Good luck on selling it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I have two problems with a post like this:

1) I simply don't know if a helmet will fit me until I try it on. (I'll hafta ask Jason if I can try his Davida on and go from there)

2) I soooo lust after a Davida Classic, but not only am I reluctant to pay so much for a novelty helmet (albeit of the HIGHEST quality), I also have an intense fear of riding without something covering my entire face/chin.

I'll go look in the classifieds and see what size, color, price etc. But there may be nothing out there MORE COOL than wearing a Davida on a Bonnie. I'm almost sure it's been spoken for already though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob,

The freeze factor is a big part of why I want to sell the Davida. I ordered the sucker in July when it was in the 90s. The lid arrived when temps had dropped to the 40s. While I was waiting for the Davida, I bought a Shoei TZR. (Not too retro looking, but I bought black, slapped some stickers over the "Shoei" logos, and put a checkered racing stripe down the middle. Looks pretty stinkin' good, IMHO.) It was below freezing when I rode in to the office yesterday and today, and the Shoei keeps my face WAY WARMER than the half-helmet I'd been wearing. The only part that gets cold is my chin, but I grew a goatee, which helped with that problem.

Pat, the helmet's still available, and in my considered opinion, you'd look stunning in it. :hihi:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I have the Cooper (moon eyes) Classic. I wear it every day and LOVE it. I'd snatch this one up but it's not my size...

cheers,
paul

[ This message was edited by: McQueen on 2006-11-17 12:26 ]

·
Registered
711 Posts
I use a Scorpion full face. I picked up a chin cup from the dealer for about 7-8 bucks. It was originally a great help with a buffeting/wind lift problem, but it is a blessing in cold weather.

It pops in around the lower part of the helmet just like the nose piece does inside the visor area. Easy to remove if wanted for hotter temps.

Of course my beard also helps, but I haven't used a scarf or balaclava yet. I think it will fit some other brand helmets as well.

Good luck
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.