Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Good shot triumph_955_st. Dave's normally have more balls of rubber on them and the groove bits are much shallower.

How was the the Dragon Raid? Tell us more????? :D

·
Premium Member
24,383 Posts
That's a nicely used tyre! A mate (R1 rider) also likes the Bridgestone 016's. It looks like the 020/021 tyre may be the crap one in their range.

Russ
It is the crap one Russ, other tyres Bridgestone make including their race range are great tyres.
As weel I think because the Sprint tends to push the front a bit it makes most tyres cup worse than they may do on other bikes.

DaveM:)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had a great time. There were folks from all over the country(This side of the Misssissippi) and even one from Canada. Just over 50 in attendance. Everyday we would get together and decide where we wanted to ride. Usually we would end up in various packs, depending on how fast you wanted to ride. It was held at "The Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge". They are VERY accommodating to us motorcycle types. Very clean and beautiful grounds. They have everything from tent sites to cabins that you can rent. There is a main pavilion that everyone can gather in. There they serve you breakfast and dinner and very quickly too!

There wasn't enough room in their refrigerators for the kegs, so I had to put them in the creek.....

continued....

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And saw some awesome scenery...

One member took an off road route and encountered this beastie...

continued.....

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Friday night we broke out the booze... The Kentucky gang knows how to bring booze and tobacco... WOW!! They also brought many gifts to give away. Again I want to thank them for everything they did. What a great group!!! Saturday night continued the party with more give a ways....

I tried to keep the tradition alive and wore me kilt...

I gave this guy the award for the furthest distance travelled. He was the one from Montreal.

And Derrick from the Indy Pack won the coat.

Joe's Cycle Shop donated a ton of gifts. Marc Parnes Motorcycle products helped along with many other good folks. We were on a ride and stopped in Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters... Got to talking to the owner and even he gave us a big bag of goodies. It was amazing the amount of support we got from everyone. I am looking forward to next year. It will be bigger and better.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
t955st,

This is great stuff, and the pictures are fab!

But, maybe we should have one of the Mods move your Raid posts to its own thread. That way, folks can find it.

It may be easier for you to repost the whole thing in a new thread, and delete them here.

I wish I could have made the Raid!

But, seeing as I was nearly killed there on my '00 ST, my wife won't let me:(

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If the mods want to move it.....

Actually I came closer to getting killed last night on interstate 70 near Columbus, Oh... We avoid the Dragon on the weekend. Too many cops and idiots on there. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday you are pretty safe there. We also waited till late afternoon when the road crews were finished working on the pull offs. Talk her into it next year. We will keep you safe.:)

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Wow! That looks like a dream trip! I LOVE that part of the world and would love to live there.... Thank for sharing such awesome photos of such a great event!:cool:

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Great photos and nice legs!! :D

Looks like a great place and excellent roads.

Leave it here Dave, I never go over to that side of the forum. I'm flat out getting to BHO!! :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This Sprint forum is by far my favorite. None of the photo's are stored on this website so, I don't see any reason I could not put this report in the event report section also. Yea, I know it is a "cross post" but honestly... what does it hurt. I'm glad my Sprint pals enjoyed the report.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts