Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Time to book your dates off again. The Nelson Rat Raid is going to be held July 16-19th this year.

Island Rat Pack will have more info and should be sending out an email shortly for all previous attendees with more info.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll be there.

I think I'm booked at the hotel. I filled out their online reservation form but haven't received a confirmation yet.

Taking some extra time off work this time round to return to Vancouver via Calgary, Jasper, and back through the Okanagan :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
call to confirm!! i waited a week for a reply email, & when i called, there was no reservation showing. call & do it over the phone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
call to confirm!! i waited a week for a reply email, & when i called, there was no reservation showing. call & do it over the phone.
I'll give that a try. I initially called to make the reso and was told to "follow the instructions in the email and do it online"

I guess it makes it easier to keep track of the RAID attendance that way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll give that a try. I initially called to make the reso and was told to "follow the instructions in the email and do it online"

I guess it makes it easier to keep track of the RAID attendance that way.
Alrighty, it's a go. They just emailed me back with my confirmation. No call was necessary.

:D

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'm registered online over the weekend. suppose I'll wait and see if I get an email now.
just got a response here it is:

I afraid to say the New Grand is already booked. I would recommend booking across the alley at the Mountain Hound Inn @1-866-452-6490 toll free. They do not have a web site so you must call in or email me and I will book you in. Tell them you are with Triumph.
Thanks Danny New Grand Hotel

here's their website no online booking:

http://www.mountainhound.com/

I just looked at google mapped it these hotels are back to back.

more info: I just booked 1 minute ago
rate was $105ca for a 2 bed room.

They have a total of 12 rooms left
4 of the rooms are with 2 beds.
the rest are single bed rooms.

cheers

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nelson has quite a few decent hotels. There is a Best Western there and the Prestige is on the lake and walking distance to the New Grand where we hold all the events.

The Prestige is gorgeous btw. Little more money but a great place to stay.

I hope we get a real good turn out this year. We had about 100 bikes last year and it would sure be nice to get more.

·
Registered
104 Posts
no promise yet, but its on my to do list this year.
it may turn out to be a last minute thing, could be tent city for me.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys,
Last year was my first year and it was a really great. I have spent alot of time in Nelson but last year was the first year on the bike. I camped for 3 days and hoteled it the last day at the same hotel Haggis is staying at.

I am really excited to meet up with you all and seeing new faces.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can't wait for this one!!! This will be our third RAID and this one's going to be a doozy! This year we're taking off from Regina on July 1st and heading for California... on a 675 and a SPEED4... with our teen-age daughters on the back... getting married in California... riding the coastline north... and ending up in Nelson in time for the Raid on the way home!!! One way or another, this is going to be a hell of a trip!!!

We're booked a the Mountain Hound Inn, we've stayed there every time, and wouldn't stay anywhere else. Can't really park there, but we al just park at the New Grand anyway.

See ya all there!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Apart from the accommodations, is there a cost for the rally events?

I think I'll try to make it this year if our annual trip doesn't coincide with the dates.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Can't wait for this one!!! This will be our third RAID and this one's going to be a doozy! This year we're taking off from Regina on July 1st and heading for California... on a 675 and a SPEED4... with our teen-age daughters on the back... getting married in California... riding the coastline north... and ending up in Nelson in time for the Raid on the way home!!! One way or another, this is going to be a hell of a trip!!!
Sean, you bas***rd, this has got to be you! Looks like Lee Ann got her bike, huh? If you are coming down southside, you better stop in Idaho. Maybe we could meet up with Wild Bill and ride up from here. I got in at the New Grand this year for the first time in 7 years.
Lemme know your plans and maybe we can hook up.

Niles

1 - 20 of 56 Posts