Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Datatool S4 mounted on a Triumph Rocket III is malfunctioning.
This all started when the battery of my remote was exhausted.
I used my spare remote but stil I am not able to start the engine of the Triumph.
I then put the battery of my second remote in my first remote.
The remote unit works fine (the very little red lamp blinks when I push the grey button).

When I disable the alarm, I do not see the direction indicator lamps flash (as they normally should).
When I switch the ignition on, nothing happens - all dashboard lights are dead.

When I wait a few hours (!) the little red light starts to flash in my speedometer - as if the alarm was normal.

I disconnected the battery - the alarm started to yell right away - I stopped it with the key - I reconnected the battery but
no change in the above situation.
For some reason the main switch seems to be blocked.

Can it be a fuse ? Is the alarm out of control? Can I reset the alarm or fully disconnect it ?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
There is separate inline fuse somewhere for the alarm, away from the fuse box (on my '06 Sprint) and an S3 had a similar arrangement on a Daytona - if it blows then the alarm won't function. Umm, kill switch in the right position? It happens to all of us. I have now removed teh alarm and my insurance went up £30. Do they really prevent theft?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Datatool S4 problme - broken battery

I brought my bike to my dealer - he thinks it is a broken battery that caused the alarm to get confused.

Datatool expert said it might be the main fuse (30A) on my Triumph.
Repair will take place this week.
I am thinking of removing the whole alarm set ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts