Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mix very well. I can't believe I decided to get that alarm...thought I would be able to control whether or not I armed it or not, and only found out after the fact that it auto-arms. So lame.

I'm going in to get it removed, because it's so annoying having to "soft" arm it so it won't go off inadvertantly, etc...

If you're thinking about getting this p.o.s. installed on your Triumph, one word: DON'T.

And if you do have one, stay away from strong radio transmitters/towers, or you'll have a hell of a time disarming the thing.

what a headache.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Just to give another view.... I've had this alarm (and my bike) for over three years and had the same alarm on my previous bike for three years. I've never had any problems with either of them. The self-arming feature is a requirement to get Thatcham approval and thus an insurance discount. Insurers won't give a discount for alarms you have to arm manually as too many owners would forget. Is it really such an ordeal to press the button on the fob that turns off the motion sensor if you want to move the bike? I'm surprised you can find the energy to turn the ignition key and press the starter button when you want to ride the bike!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ but I'm not in the UK. There should be a US version if that's the case. ;)

It's not an ordeal, it's just annoying if you don't set it right or mi**** the button and don't disarm it, thereby turning the ignition and getting a nice surprise for your earhole!!

I was just stating my preference...I'm a grown man, I think I can decide whether or not I need to arm it. Also, I just wanted to give a heads up about the radio interference!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts