Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use or can recommend a dash cam-like device for bikes?

There seems to be some Chinese made products but the picture quality is a bit inferior and not true HD (480*). I suppose the unit, or at least the cameras, need to be water proof.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use a GoPro camera (Hero 4 Silver) sometimes when I ride. Waterproof housing and a great picture. Handlebar mounts are available or, as I have done, you can mount it on your helmet with the appropriate mount. Add a mic in the helmet and you can produce narrated videos of your rides.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have a NEXT BASE Bike Cam works just like car safety cameras . Okay if you are 100% legal rider but here in UK can be seized by police and used in evidence for any misbehaviour .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use a GoPro camera (Hero 4 Silver) sometimes when I ride. Waterproof housing and a great picture. Handlebar mounts are available or, as I have done, you can mount it on your helmet with the appropriate mount. Add a mic in the helmet and you can produce narrated videos of your rides.
Yes, I've tried the GoPro but Im looking for something that install and forget about it, eg, powering on when I turn on the ignition, shock detection, front and rear cameras, etc. (sorry if I wasn't clear on my question).

The GoPro has its uses but there were a couple of times I left it on my bike....guess Im looking for something discreet as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a NEXT BASE Bike Cam works just like car safety cameras . Okay if you are 100% legal rider but here in UK can be seized by police and used in evidence for any misbehaviour .
Same in the US. Even if another motorist is at fault, if they review the dash cam and see that you went a couple of mph over the limit, all bets are off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts