Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Ha thats funny. Its a shame that they don't show more of the wrecks though. I'm curious to know what these kids do for a living that they can afford to dump tons of cash into their bikes once they wreck them. Its frickin expensive.

I do hate these vids though, because our bikes look like "crotch rockets" to the un knowing eye we get lumped in with idiots like this.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
I enjoy watching those video for the skill and sheer guts. The "collateral damage" along the way makes me cringe though.

I would beat myself up if I dropped my bike doing a stunt!

·
Registered
332 Posts
shopping could be fun

agree that most of it is very Darwinian but I do like the supermarket aisle scene!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Chef

Please drop your bike doing a stunt. I think it would be hilarious watching a video of you beating yourself up.:D

Ralphus
Brings to mind that scene from "Me, Myself, and Irene" where Jim Carey's two personalities have a fight with each other on the train platform... I still laugh my butt off everytime I see that...

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
It is funny because I saw some guys up towards Mt Glorious filming stunting last week and thought that that would be fun to be filmed whilst doing that sort of thing.

I then thought about the embarrassment factor of stacking and realised that I didn't want 5 minutes of infamy on YouTube. :eek: or a vid of me beating myself up!! :)

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Some huge skill and some downright numpties

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Yesterday I drove down to NYC for the day(in the cage) with my two sons, and midway through the ride on the freeway we came upon a group of ten or so bikes- all R 1/ Busa/ CBR 1000 riders. Busy stretch of highway, three lanes, and these riders are spread out in all three lanes, doing 65- 70 when traffic in the left lane had been at 75- 78 mph. They're all having a grand time, fist bumping and swapping lanes/ positions, pillions w/ no helmets/gear, the usual squidlike behavior. At one point when they cleared the left lane, an areshole in a big SUV made a foolishly threatening swerve towards one of the guys that could have easily caused some major carnage. I sat back and watched these riders piss off, intimidate and alienate a number of motorists before we had an opportunity to sail by them. My point being that those skills that some folks enjoy viewing when they take place in a parking lot or other non- public area are one thing but these type of riders using heavily traveled public roads for their entertainment only put themselves in jeopardy and generally give motorcyclists a bad rep.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I like the part of the video with the motorcycles.

·
Registered
929 Posts
yeah I totally agree there's a time and place for shenanigans

personally I like the old school power wheelies...
not a fan of these sitting on the tank with your legs in the air/ gynecologist exam/ballet crap. :p
(yeah I know it takes skill but it really takes the cool out of a wheelie for me)

not sure if you guys noticed this....
but this guys got more pipes than us!

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
yeah I totally agree there's a time and place for shenanigans

personally I like the old school power wheelies...
not a fan of these sitting on the tank with your legs in the air/ gynecologist exam/ballet crap. :p
(yeah I know it takes skill but it really takes the cool out of a wheelie for me)

not sure if you guys noticed this....
but this guys got more pipes than us!
... and MV Augusta wept

·
Registered
450 Posts
Quite a few look like they're right at the edge of losing it -- a lot more testosterone than brain cells. There is also a level of morbid curiosity in watching as well -- will he survive? I think if more of these people saw other videos like Darwin Dimwits 4 first where some of the "stars" get killed then maybe they'd think a little harder before trying a stunt. Guess you could call them motorcycle snuff films. In all, not for me thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts