Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up the Parkway today, I see a Ninja parked on the shoulder. I stopped, as one does. The 20-something rider was walking back about 200 yards, picked something up from the #1 lane, and returns. I'm looking at his bike, can't see anything missing. I ask,"What fell off?" he sheepishly shows me a Blackberry, a bit past its best, as it had been run over several times.
He then proudly showed me how he had velcroed a mounting bracket to the front of the tank, so that he could TEXT, WHILE RIDING!"
I said, "Nice installation," and not another word. Started up, waved, and rode off, so did he.
Dead man riding.
Redhawk

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
In the UK texting whilst driving is illegal - not sure about US.
Last week a Lord (as in the House of Lords) was rightfully despatched to jail for texting prior to crashing and killing a young man - OK said Lord had finished texting a while back but the police were able to show that he HAD BEEN texting even although it was a few miles back hence he was prosecuted and jailed. New riders such as this guy should be trained at the outset not to do it 'cos as you say he will be carrion in due course.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Shoulda smacked him upside his head. Sheesh, some people are pretty damned cavalier with other's lives...

Oh, Hah. Your title just sank in. Funny!

·
Registered
41 Posts
LOL........ Thats why i get on my bike to get away from all the emails, calls, text messages, and everything else that comes to my phone durring the day. Im even thinking about making an auto answer/reply saying "You have reached Franco's phone/email he is riding right now and doesnt really care,... leave a message if you want and I will get back to you when the bliss of riding is over or I have ran out of gas";)

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
If I'm in traffic in Birmingham, and I see someone on the phone in their car, I usualy give my engine a little rev or two right by their bloody window so that they can't hear a thing. (I have TORS which make a fair bit of noise on full chat) I then smile politely when they give me an annoyed look and mime nattering on the phone followed by the finger!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Nickwiz - so is that before you shoot off at a 122mph then:D
I will need to contact youse when I come to collect de neue Norton Atlas sports touring cafe racer from Norvil as you could guide me to the way to the road North otherwise I could end up going round in circles trying to get out of the Midlands.
Expected date of collection ------ mmm not sure, these people are artisans, could be anything from May to Oct!

·
Registered
510 Posts
As a mental health therapist, I always find it ironic that there are so many more times when I'm NOT working, that I truly weep for the future of humanity.
Another piece of evidence of society's continual depersonalization that further inspires the distancing of logic from emotion and reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts