Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the new Cycle World this morning, and saw the 2008 V-Max. Great googlymoogly!!!! I am a loyal and die hard Brit fan, but I NEED this motorcycle. Time to start inventory around the house and see what could be liquidated (TV, XBOX, Girlfriend, Furniture..etc)

Also there is a great article about the decadence and death of the custom chopper. Craig Constantine...HARUMPH!HARUMPH! :hammer:

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
BLOODY HELL!!! warp factor 5 please scotty :wow:

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I've been lusting after a Vmax for 15 years...ever since my dad's friend had one when I was about 10 years old. I guess they were do for a makeover after 20-odd years of the same (great) design.

My sticker is pecking out...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks mean and muscular. Black does look good on motorcyles :-D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will admit the V- Max has always looked alot like Rocky Dennis. However, it does have an estimated 180-210bhp!!!!!!

So I guess what I'm saying is that just like in "Mask", it is the inner beauty that counts.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
On 2007-03-08 09:46, Hous-Ton wrote:
it is the inner beauty that counts.
LOL, the polite way of saying "You is one U-G-L-Y Mutha-Focka!" :roflmoa2:

Any pics showing other angles?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here you go
a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
That's pretty mean looking. Don't know if I like it but I can definitely appreciate it.

Only thing I don't like is the rear cowl section. Side view looks like a hornet's arse or something. I don't like anything that looks like a bug. I hate bugs! :puke:

·
Registered
308 Posts
That is one heck of a profile. I liked the old vmax's, too, very mean looking bikes. This looks like the neighborhood bully on steroids.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seeing as how most of you on this thread are here in the big TX, I would like to know if ya'll will be going to the Lonestar Roundup at the end of the month in Austin. It's mostly old hot rods, but I see no reason why Triumph cannot be properly represented. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That bike is Re-Donk-ulous looking. And that's a good thing.

I wonder how close the production model will look like it.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
On 2007-03-08 16:07, Hous-Ton wrote:
Seeing as how most of you on this thread are here in the big TX, I would like to know if ya'll will be going to the Lonestar Roundup at the end of the month in Austin. It's mostly old hot rods, but I see no reason why Triumph cannot be properly represented. Hope to see you there.
I'll be there, I started a thread about it in "twins hangout"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TCL-

I went to Ringling school of art long enough to pickle my liver with booze and fog my brain with weed. Sarasota is a great town. Is the***** and Bull pub still in business on Main? God I miss that place..... even Newtown.

Corban

[ This message was edited by: Hous-Ton on 2007-03-08 18:44 ]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts