Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
I don't know but I hope so as that's my intended mod for the same reason.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is amazing

I put the Dart FS on my Bonne. I was amazed with the amount of air it keeps off the chest. I had mine on for about six months and took it off. I put it right back on. I would say to go for it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just put the Dart flyscreen on my T100 Saturday. Took a 100 mile ride with it on. You still get plenty of airflow at normal riding speeds but it seems to hit smoother than without a screen. Most of the airflow is directed upward towards the head. I did open it up to about 75 MPH on the highway for a brief period and this where the flyscreen really helps. It takes the pressure off your chest so you're not holding on to the grips for dear life. You do get a lot air at the shoulders and on the helmet.

No it's not like a big shield. But it definitely helps for highway riding. I like it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The Dart without doubt takes the wind blast off your torso, relieving a lot of the pressure on arms and hands.
It doesnt tho cause any of the head buffeting turbulance which some (larger) screens do.
Definately go for it I'd say!!

V.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Is the Dart flyscreen about the same size as the Triumph flyscreen?
Not sure, but the Dart is 10" wide and 10" high from top of the headlight.
Maybe those who have the Triumph screen can make a comparison.
The main thing I think is not the actual size of the screen, but the angle at which its mounted. Mine has the best effect when it is angled pretty far back. I adjusted the stop-tabs to suit.
I guess this "best" position would be dependent on your height and your arm-reach.
Wouldnt be without it now.
Its a good product and, here in UK anyway, is both cheaper and more readily available than the Triumph screen.
It looks the business too!!

V.

·
Registered
510 Posts
+ 1 For the dart -

I installed the dart on my bike about three weeks ago. I do a lot of city riding, and it naturally doesn't make much of a difference buffeting the exhaust fumes from the car in front of me at a stop light....but at 80 mph it truly shines!!! I installed the drag bar, so I'm obviously hunched over a little more while riding...but it does just enough to keep the wind from my chest and head and consequently reduces the fatigue of "holding on" while riding at that speed.

I will say this to you, as a warning from my own amateur personal experience....don't over-tighten the bolts holding the shield to the frame. I over-tightened one and it cracked in a spiderweb around the bolt due to vibration. I realize that sounds obvious to most people who have been riding for a while and worked on bikes...but this newbie keeps getting paranoid about sh*t dropping off the bike and therefore overcompensates...much like my ex told me I did!

I've definitely learned my lesson for future maintenance/mods

·
Registered
622 Posts
Dart is good

I fitted a dart to my B/W '07 T100 a few weeks ago. I agree with others it does shift the wind upwards and does relieve the buffetting on the chest. Generally works better at higher speeds, 60 mph plus. I mainly chose this over the Triumph Flyscreen because the dart looks better, it blends in with the bike which is what I wanted.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have the National Cycles flyscreen which is about the same size and price as the Dart...I didn't think it did much until I took it off...it was back on in a week. They take a lot of wind blast off your chest!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Very happy with my Dart shield, it takes off quite some wind blast from the chest, and the air hitting me is pretty smooth. But possibly more wind noise from the lower part of the helmet, which is remedied by using ear plugs.

My only gripe is the mounting system of the headlight, it seems impossible to adjust the light to the desired position, then the flyscreen. They always seems to want to move together - ie if you try to put the flyscreen more upright,the windblast will push the screen back and the headlight out of alignment. I usually deals with it by pushing the screen all the way back,then adjusting the headlight.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The dart screen works great. It is easy to put on and to take off, and it is not too big. The only problem, like all screens, is that it catches a little from cross winds.
I was chasing my friend on his sv 650 yesterday and the little dart did its thing fine. The
last time i tried those speeds without the dart i was completely spent by the end of the day. But yesterday i kept up nicely , okay, will lets just say he was taking it easy but still
the dart did a great job.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've had the Dart flyscreen on my 07 T100 since I bought it last year. A flyscreen is not a mini faring. It will not stop all wind. Depending upon your height (inseam) and riding style, it will take the pounding off your chest.

I became a believer when I put a little flyscreen on my SV650. If you choose to ride a bit forward, sport/jockey style, with your chest and body weight over the tank and front forks (it helps here if you've converted to a different, lower handlebar), you will feel little wind with the Dart. I rode today in 95 degree temps at 70+ mph and felt little on my chest or helmet (5'11", 31" inseam, Flanders Superbars). Placing your weight forward, over the forks, gives amazing control and response!:)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have the DART fitted with LSL sports bars. The differance in winter is amazing, I no longer get a cold blast of air under the chin.The wind seems to hit the top of my helmet. Come summer time I ll probably take it off though as I prefer the naked look.
;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ivar is right, the dart screen is great for getting the wind off your chest, (but puts its right into your head so wear earplugs) but its mounting really sucks, youve got a headlight that is held buy only 2 screws, it naturally wants to pivot on that axis, add to that a flyscreen catching wind... At night i have to reach forward and push the fvck3r forward to keep my headlamp on the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dart Flyscreen.....Mixed Results

I tried the Dart fly screen on my '08 T100 but had mixed feelings. It definitely lessened the wind pressure at chest level,but strangely I found I had considerable neck strain. I took the screen off and the neck strain is gone. It would be interesting to put the bike in a wind tunnel to see the actual airflow at differing speeds and with differing height riders and riding positions.....!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Anyone try to fit this guy on their bonnie? I think it looks pretty nice, the little piece of chrome gives it more class than the dart:

National Cycle model number N2532 "Fly Screen LS"
That's what I have on my T-100. Works great,takes a lot of buffeting off of my chest.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I have the Dart screen, and am very happy with it - it is particularly effective, it would seem, around 75 - 80 mph.

Mine serves an absolutely necessary second purpose - it carries a transponder for the gate at the parking garage at work. I HATE digging it out of my pocket and waving it at the sensor whilst on a running bike. Now I can just ride up and the gate magically opens. :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.