Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love the look of my dart flyscreen but not so much the rust under the bracket where it has worn off the paint on the headlight mount. both sides

just a head up for those considering the purchase .

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yup, noticed that when I was installing it. Metal to metal contact will always cause issues. I simply got some 3M sticky rubber and placed it between the two brackets.

Mike

·
Registered
445 Posts
Great Idea!

Yup, noticed that when I was installing it. Metal to metal contact will always cause issues. I simply got some 3M sticky rubber and placed it between the two brackets.
I wish I had thought of that.
Perhaps they should come with sticky rubber. *Hint, hint*

I just removed mine for the summer and used some touch up paint to protect the metal.

Overall, a good fly screen.

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you don't want the adhesive mess if you plan to remove it, you can get some plasti-dip aka tool-dip and paint one of the surfaces and let it dry well before mounting. You can put it on with a brush, but it should be a brush you don't care about, cause it never comes off.

Currently, the only color I can find locally is black, but there used to be red and green as well.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Altho I'd accept that the metal to metal contact will eventually cause the removal of around 3mm of paint, I dont really think the issue is necessarily worthy of the entire thing being declared "maybe not so good"

IMHO it certainly doesnt detract from the effectiveness or the aesthetic of the product as a whole, and with a little pre-preparation can be very easily avoided.

A good point to make tho for those who may be considering fitting the Dart Screen.
I'd recommend it!!

V.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a bit of an overreaction - yeah. but there was more text that I edited. I suppose I only have myself to blame but if buddy can sue macdonalds for serving tooo hot coffee I figured, I could get away with blaming dart for not including a rubber thingy or atleast some mention of protecting the mount. I really love riding with it tho - just upset with the rust.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Dart

Love the look of mine!! I got the one (National I think) from Bella Course & there are NO rust problems @ all!! Real sturdy w/ chrome valance accross the front lower ares so no spider cracks from bare plexi only!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts