Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered and tried to install the Dart screen on my Thrux. The screw inserts will hit the instrument cluster before the tab on the brackets contact the headlight bracket, so it really doesn't fit right. I emailed Steve at Dart, who is an absolute gentleman, and he checked a local Triumph dealer and determined that Triumph had to change the yoke in order to fit the handlebars this year. Steve is going to work on getting some new brackets made, but it will be about 8 weeks or so before they are ready.

Anyway, if anyone wants to buy my screen I will give you very good price. It will fit all prior year Thruxtons. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
289 Posts
just received my Dart Flyscreen for my 2009 Thruxton, will install later this month when I can access my bike and post pics!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Would also be interested to see how you go's, looks and your thoughts on it

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I would give fitting it a go without the tab-stop touching the headlamp bracket.

Unlike the the fixing arrangement on the other bikes, the Thrux headlamp fixing seems to hold the screen (and headlamp) tight.
I had the same problem with my 05 Thrux, but fitted it anyway and its been fine since.
Its been 3000ish miles and at speeds in excess of 110mph and it hasnt moved.
I do have the LSL bracket but I dont think that makes a difference.

The mounting on my Scram is entirely different, and without the tab-stops meeting the bracket the screen will pivot back and the headlamp will turn upward.
Not so the Thrux.

Give it a go!! Nothing to lose.

V.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yea, I was told by Steve at Dart Flyscreens that the flyscreen brackets are slightly different for the EFI models compared to the carbureted models due to change in yoke design, he said the tabs have relieved steps as shown in this pic I took:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Attached are pics, finally installed my Dart Flyscreen on my 2009 Thruxton, fits perfectly, nothing hits the gauge cluster, the brackets are made just for the EFI models with slightly different tabs on the flyscreen brackets for proper fit, tabs rest on the headlight bracket with about 1/2" clearance between the flyscreen and gauge cluster. Test rode on the highway at 60-80mph, it deflects the wind away from my upper body, much less tiring on my arms. A keeper.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I would give fitting it a go without the tab-stop touching the headlamp bracket....
Its been 3000ish miles and at speeds in excess of 110mph and it hasnt moved.
I do have the LSL bracket but I dont think that makes a difference.
Dang it. I sold my perfectly good dart and didn't even think to try it w/o the tabs touching down on my LSL brackets. Arrrh....

--Rich

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I sold my perfectly good dart and didn't even think to try it w/o the tabs touching down on my LSL brackets
Mines been like this since the day I fitted it.

Never budged, rock solid....................

V.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts