Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just a quick heads-up to let you know the Dart Classic flyscreen is now available for the Street Twin. Check out details here

I'm working on the Marlin next, if I can only stop riding the bike for five minutes. I'm SO enjoying owning this one...

·
Registered
498 Posts
... the Dart Classic flyscreen is now available for the Street Twin...

I'm working on the Marlin next...
great news, looks excellent in the photos. Will the bracket be available on its own for owners who already have the screen?

I have a request that you angle the Marlin slightly more upright. I find mine gives better protection tilted up, without any increase in wind roar. I have 2 thicknesses of split hose (~5mm) supporting the lug.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hello all,

Just a quick heads-up to let you know the Dart Classic flyscreen is now available for the Street Twin. Check out details here

I'm working on the Marlin next, if I can only stop riding the bike for five minutes. I'm SO enjoying owning this one...
Thanks - just ordered mine. The link for the fitting instructions on the Street Twin page doesn't seem to work.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine is on it's way! Installation is pretty straight forward, I put my husband's on his bike in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dark smoke Dart Flyscreen arrived this morning. Took about 10 minutes to fit. You'll need torx sizes 25,30 and 40 to do the job. I ttok a ride and it seems to relieve some of the wind. I was able to ride with the helmet open up to about 50 mph; couldn't do that before. Here is a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a Marlin on my Bonnie SE, which is excellent, about to get a Thruxton R, how soon will I be able to get the same for that?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello all,

What is the difference regarding the Marlin?

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello all,

Hi Sleddy,

What difference do the tints make as it really isn't a screen that goes far enough up to make a difference or does it? I got rid of my Honda ST1300 and it had a big electric screen and it was clear.

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would suggest that the tints are solely for aesthetics. I have ridden with mine and do not find that I look through it at all.
Pick the one you like!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dart requires attachment to headlight, Triumph screen uses existing bolt holes

Hello all,

Hi, I'd buy a Dart but the Street Twin already has mounting holes for their screen on the inside of the headlight bracket. Why would I want to use your bracket which requires me to use the bolt on the headlight and mess with the alignment of the headlight?

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi, I'd buy a Dart but the Street Twin already has mounting holes for their screen on the inside of the headlight bracket. Why would I want to use your bracket which requires me to use the bolt on the headlight and mess with the alignment of the headlight?
It did absolutely nothing to the alignment of my headlight. It comes with a couple of spacers that go between the dart bracket and headlight mount bracket. Fits perfectly and it's cheaper than the Triumph flyscreen.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts