Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read most of the threads on this but I have some specific questions on the Dart Flyscreen on a Speedmaster that I am having some trouble with.

Does the Dart Flyscreen mount to the headlight on the Speedmaster like it appears to on the Bonneville? I have seen the complaints that it can cause the headlight to shift upwards in some cases. If that is the case I don't want it. For those who have them are you happy with the quality?

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
The one i have, national N2537, mounts to the forks. National says they don't make one for the sm, but this one fits my 06 sm. it looks like the triumph flyscreen. it's pretty good at keeping about 50% of wind off chest 30% off shoulders. there's some room for adjustment of screen angle, and you can move it higher or lower on the forks to find what's best for you. if you don't like big windscreens this may be a good compromise - getting rid of some of the big wind but still keeping the much of the naked bike experience. i find the sm gets pushed around pretty easy by wind at speed on highways.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Altho I dont have a Speedmaster, looking at the photo's on the Dart site, the mounting arrangement
is totally different to that of the Bonnie.

The issues with headlamp rotation (on the Bonnie) are only caused when the designed stop is not
mounted against the headlamp bracket.
This causes the screen, and hence the headlamp, to rotate around the mounting screws.
Rest the stop-tab on the bracket and its fine.

V.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts