Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
425 Posts
This is from one of my earlier posts; hope it helps:

The Triumphs require a relay with pin configuration Type B. (I think that this is a standard configuration in Australia;the Narva relay recommended elsewhere is Type B). Most accessory shops in the UK stock Type A, and don't realise that there is an alternative. Of course, if you're not using an existing relay holder, it doesn't matter as you just wire it according to instructions. Type B configuration is 87,85,30,86.(i.e. 87 opposite 30). This is standard for VW, Saab, Renault, Peugeot & Rover. I used Ring relays; model RLFK30.
So, the ebay advertisers are possibly right, they are selling "special" relays, but if you ask for 2 Type B pin configuration relays, and check the pin position as (87 opposite 30), you can do this conversion for £6(GBP).
:)

· Registered
425 Posts
Sorry.Should have included the background to my previous post. Lots of Sprint riders in Aus, so it was written with them in mind.
In short:
1) Use type B configuration relays. Type A will be energised permanently and drain your battery even when the ignition is off. You don't need "special Triumph relays"!
2) The relay holders are already on your bike. Just plug the relays in.

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.