Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:Hi guys im writing this while im at a low. Some malicious stupid %&@#head tried to steal my 08 black bonnie.

Damage done... well both side pannels ripped off wiring fiddled with but no additional damage. Front assemblage ie headlight speedo etc. this is now sitting roughly 4 inches to the right of where it should be the headlight body is dented all over the indicators are cracked and bent 45 degrees up and down (1 each) from normal the single speedo clock is hanging by one wire glass smashed trip counter reset broken all the wiring has been pulled out and messed with..... you get the idea.

The bike runs fine still (wouldnt want to come accross the police though...)

The damage was done by a 8foot long steel bar which was ent double in the attempt to break into the electrics good thing the build quality is so high or i may not have a bike at all...

Any suggestions on the cheepest and best way to fix all this? I am not the most technically minded of folk unfortunatly. From what i can see i need a new speedo clock assembly new headlight brackets and new side pannels. there may be more needed but im trying not to touch it untill after the police dust it for prints....small hope there.

thanks in advance guys

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
What happened stinks! I hope the police can catch the numb nutz who broke your bike. See what insurance will do, make a plan to restore or customize the bike, and let it slough off. Better luck in the future.

·
30,527 Posts
I am really sorry to hear that man. I hope they catch the bastage. The arseholes don't care what damage they do - they just want to take it and break it and sell it as spares. :mad:

Well, Insurance is one route. Depends what you like to do - your no claims may suffer if you claim, so one optrion is to customize it. Check out our classifieds, there are often take off parts on there from where other folks customize their bikes.

You could consider a custom speedo arrangement, different headlight - could make the bike look real sharp and special again - turn misery into happiness, for not too much cash. Just a thought.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my insurance excess is £200 so if i can work it out for less it would be ace... my credit cards going to take a hammering :(

Insurance company is being ****e so may have to cover it all by myself anyway....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts