Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys .... just want to let you guys in the uk and usa what the weather is here in sydney australia ,,,, its dam HOT .... its been so hot here in sydney that ive only been rideing in the early morning,,,, its now 10.55 am and just got back from a 50 mile ride and its so hot on the road i turnd around and come home.....now all i have to do is let the bike cool down so i can clean all the oil leaks of,,,, only seems to blead on verry hot days.....temp now 39c and getting hotter,,,,albert the tiprat

·
Registered
625 Posts
Today's high: 31F (just below 0C) ... tomorrow's high: 21 (WELL below 0C)
Went out today to do the ritual periodic starting of the bike and let it run a bit and got it to start easily ... man it does NOT like to warm up without a choke in this kind of cold. If I didn't have that knurled idle speed adjust screw, there'd be no way ...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just checked my outdoor thermometer: -10 F, -25 C. Wind chill reported as -36F, which is I think about -52 C.

Record cold, and we have also had record snowfall, over two consecutive weeks with daily measurable snow.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Cleveland, Ohio is around -36 C with the wind chill. How much is a plane ticket to Sydney? I'll take heat stroke over frost bite.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey guys .... just want to let you guys in the uk and usa what the weather is here in sydney australia ,,,, its dam HOT .... its been so hot here in sydney that ive only been rideing in the early morning,,,, its now 10.55 am and just got back from a 50 mile ride and its so hot on the road i turnd around and come home.....now all i have to do is let the bike cool down so i can clean all the oil leaks of,,,, only seems to blead on verry hot days.....temp now 39c and getting hotter,,,,albert the tiprat
First I would like to thank you for the weather report from the land down under..now BITE ME:)

Sitting here in Philadelphia where the current temp is 13F/-11C and anticipating my trip to New York state where tonight's temp is forecast to be -6F/-21C. And, before you ask, we are not riding the bikes up.

BTW, how's the job situation in Sydney for warehouse managers and surgical nurses?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just got through a -12 degree night with a dandy little breeze. Bring on the global warming. Please.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Oh yeah, my daughter, who lives in Perth called me the other night complaining about the heat. Said she and hubby were going to the beach for a swim. Meanwhile it was about - 10 degrees C here, sorry, you'll not get much sympathy from me;););)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts