Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obeying the basic rule that the number of bikes owned should be N=N+1 I have added to my stable of vehicles with a Japanese beast,

Meet the HMS ThunderAce

Not ridden her except back from the seller as I'm awaiting road tax but she's got a lot of power but not quite the cornering ability of my little S4.

The plan is to do a lot more miles next year and no fairing on motorways is no fun, plus you know, it was too cheap not to.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yamaha thunderace 1996 (first year of production) 1000cc 34000miles on the clock.

Last owner was an OCD polisher who rode it once and scared himself before keeping it garaged and occasionally taken round the block every few months.

For £900 I couldn't pass it up.

To be honest it's a little big for me, might need to get platforms for my bike boots :D

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It predated the R1, but more of a tourer than an all out sports bike by today's standards but enough power to be getting along with I think.

Cheers guys.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Cool bike. Looks like a real mile muncher. Watch out for those roadside issued performance awards.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers rox, Ill look into those, I assume they do them for men?

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't get that film in England.

H

·
0 Posts
Well done spank. Oh and guys can wear girls lift boots. Dye em black though as pink is not in fashion unless you are....

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
While I haven't seen it, I'm going to guess a film called Streets of Fire is pretty bad.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The acting is... Well, I'm not sure you could call it acting.

Soundtracks good though.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Ov course I was hoping for something else...:(

Nice looking bike though...did it come with cookies?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts