Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very nice set up for those who want to lower the profile of the bike. NOTE: I flipped the bar and have no idea of room issues with it in the stock set up! Seth provided two sets of spacers: 3/4 and 1 and 1/8th. Found the 3/4 to be a bit low - looked odd. The 1 and 1/8th did it, keeping the top of the gauges on the same plane as top of the bars. When I realized I'd have to open the headlamp shel to disconnect the harness for the fuel/eng. mngmnt lights, I just unplugged the whole harness to the gauge - much easier. PLENTY of room in regard to brake lines and cables. With the 3/4, the cup acorn nuts were about an 1/8th inch from lamp shell. I also changed the pattern the indicator lights.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
D9 is a true craftsman and a gentleman. :notworthy:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice set up for those who want to lower the profile of the bike. NOTE: I flipped the bar and have no idea of room issues with it in the stock set up! Seth provided two sets of spacers: 3/4 and 1 and 1/8th. Found the 3/4 to be a bit low - looked odd. The 1 and 1/8th did it, keeping the top of the gauges on the same plane as top of the bars. When I realized I'd have to open the headlamp shel to disconnect the harness for the fuel/eng. mngmnt lights, I just unplugged the whole harness to the gauge - much easier. PLENTY of room in regard to brake lines and cables. With the 3/4, the cup acorn nuts were about an 1/8th inch from lamp shell. I also changed the pattern the indicator lights.
Beautiful. Where can I order this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice look, you can get a bit more clearance and lower the head lamp by swapping the headlamp brackets from left to right. This does mean the ignition switch is on the other side but not hard to live with.
Skiddy

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
First post

I would like to do this mod, how does one go about getting one of these brackets? Did D9 finalize the bracket with the ignition mount yet? These, and many more questions coming your way! Just picked up my 2009 Thruxton, and this forum is driving me to the poorhouse with all the trick mods the members are doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts