Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

More to come

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

:cool:

·
Registered
959 Posts
When I was at the dealer the other day picking the Thruxton back up after a once over with the techs, there was a guy taking delivery of one. It is beautiful to say the least, very cool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Amazing looking bike. Im a sucker for a tastefully done white/red color combo.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. You should see it in the hands of a real photographer!

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Incredible bike. I just wish the local dealer would stock one -- unfortunately the Daytona 675 just does not seem to sell here in South Africa.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a real shame. She has a few modest upgrades since those shots, and I am hoping to get some new pictures when I take her to the track in 2 weeks. I'll have them posted as soon as I can.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just went to a local dealer and saw their '12 675R...same colors. Sweet looking ride! I have to wait one more week to see if LAPD can find my stolen bike...if not, I think I'll be picking this one up.

How many miles do you have? Have you ever owned a larger CC bike? If so, hows the power on the 675R...enough?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice bike man. I just got me a 2011 675. If my credit was better I would have bought the 675R. Still happy about my purchase but the color scheme of the 675R is sooo sick...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Beautiful. Love the carbon fibre accessories. Can I ask what type of exhaust you're running? I'm looking to replace my stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Looks like the Akropovic can. Gorgeous bike, very jealous of that right there. It's in my plans once I finish my apprenticeship thats for sure

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
Just went to a local dealer and saw their '12 675R...same colors. Sweet looking ride! I have to wait one more week to see if LAPD can find my stolen bike...if not, I think I'll be picking this one up.

How many miles do you have? Have you ever owned a larger CC bike? If so, hows the power on the 675R...enough?
Power really isn't an issue. I have had my 2006 up to an indicated 170 on the track, and it keeps up with just about anything. You have to shift gears a little more often than you would on a liter bike, but I like involvement more than I like just twisting a throttle anyway. That's my take on the power issue.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
What he said ^^^

Bike is an absolute blast at the track!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Power is not an issue. The bike gets up and MOVES with authority, especially above 9k RPMS. I have ridden more powerful bikes, but I find this more than suitable for real riding and my limited Track-Day experience.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Updates with Mod Descriptions

In the garage, just before my first day at the track.

Watsen Design Turn Signals

GB Racing Engine Covers & Aluminum Dipstick & Oil Filler Cap

Triumph CF Tank Protector

Tech-Spec Tank Grips (Dave Moss Cut)

Passenger Seat Cowl & Akrapovic Exhaust

Cox Racingroup Radiator Guard

1 - 20 of 66 Posts