Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, I have already corrected it to English. The cubes at the voltage regulator are new, I exclude the burning issue. A completely new installation is made. The wires from the alternator are soldered to those that go to the regulator - I eliminated the ankle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone might know. Why the stator is give to low voltage output at low revs.

The dash is flickering and goes off.

Mod's done.

Instead of H4 lamps two Led headlight lamps pulling each 4amps load.

I have Put a stator from supersport and a sh847 no wires where burned just the old stator had gone bad. (Insulation wires) and this had an sh775 mod already done with the triumph loom.

It has a new gel battery

charge voltage is good and stable From 1000 rpm or so.

Sometimes on traffic lights it started flickering.
Revs are going a bit lower.

I recently replaced the timing chain because it was stretched a bit
Replaced the stator agian by precaution. By an aliexpress brand but the wires are really thick on insulation and core. It looks better than the supersport from 100 euro.

Synced the butterfly's the bike fly's like a dream.
But again now the dash goes faster out than before revs go a bit lower.

I can't get my finger pointed why this can't be solved

Thanks and greetings from Holland

·
Super Moderator
8,792 Posts
Check voltage from the AliExpress stator. It may not be producing the voltage the bike needs at low revs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@Will

Thats what it looks like.
But i would not suspect that it's bad. Because it's gives me the same sympthomes as the Electrosport (i wrote supersport in my previous post) And the prevous one had regenerated winding's which where burned (can also be bad labour).

Can it be that de rotor magnet's are bad ?

Voltage measured.

900-1000 rpm 11-12 Vac
2000 rpm 15 Vac
5000 rpm 40 Vac

Power draw with ignition on (engine off) 10 Adc
Power draw with ignition on lights off (engine off) 1.7 Adc

Engine running (i forgot to check if i switched the lights on or off)
Idle 1000 rpm it is drawing power from battery so -5,7 Adc (so logical that the voltage drops and the lcd display turns off)
Raised idle ~ 2000 rpm charges the battery +6 Adc

Raised idle the Voltages after the R/R @ battery 14.1 Vdc ( this works really good)
but checking the diode's doesnt work with the SH847 i guess. the forward voltage says 1.6 Volt

Stator resistances are on L1L2L3 = 0,5 Ohms
Insulation to infinity.

Some images (the used one is a electrosport after 7000 km of use the new one is the alie-brand)

·
Super Moderator
8,792 Posts
You should be getting more than 12 volts at the battery at idle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's correct @SpecialVeloce , you can't test the diode on a SH847 unfortunately.
I think I recall reading that at idle, the SH847 takes a while to ramp up the output voltage. How long are you waiting before measuring?
It might also be worth checking the condition of your battery: stators, reg/recs and batteries tend to go all at once

·
Registered
30 Posts
Exaclty, @speed_racer_16v

Its just. Strange.
Let me rephrase the situation.

The previous owner had his d600 in for a new stator. So they replaced it after 25k kms or so.
After that the shop got the bike back (shortly) and they upgraded the r/r also along with a refurbish rewound stator.

This went OK for a couple of thousand kms then the stator was fried again.

The previous owner had all this stators up his stator hole he had put a new electrex stator in and sold the bike.

With me when I bought the bike it only had a quirk when the fan jumped on when idling (then the display went out and then when ignition is switched off and on the speedo will only display speed 0 when riding - super annoying with traffic cameras obviously)

Then when the stator got fried agian (now due to low oil level) i decided after reading and researching.

To mount a new electrosport stator and a sh847 r/r
This was OK though the flickering dash quirk stayed when the fan was kicking in when waiting long at a traffic light.

But when I did major service. I replaced the stator. It was good. For one day then it was low on voltage again on idle.

So for now I just might swap the electrosport stator back.

I'm just thinking: did the permanent magnets in the rotor became less magnetic during the years of use and perhaps a new or better rotor has to come on the crankshaft.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts