Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great there's tons of posts out there but ten people have ten different answers! Decosse you are the man, what do you think... Gsxr 1000 or 600/750 forks on my little daytona? I am aware of the fabrication and parts needed but I'm concerned with rake and trail. If the 1000 forks are longer can I just run them higher up on the trees? Got a line up here on two sets of forks, I'm just looking to make the bike better not turn it in to chopper!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok anyone know if 06 sv 1000 brakes, axel and bottom clamp etc. will work on 06 750 forks because I got the 750 forks, made more sense to me. Got a line up on the other parts but not sure on fit. The calipers are gold lol but do they work well?!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody cares I guess :( but I've got some Showa usd (53mm btm clamp) forks done by gp in Oregon. I got some good looking gold toxico calipers, axel and the triple with it. Also I have the 750 advanced tech usd forks that could use all the showa parts but the bottom clamp. Anybody care to comment on what they would pick or am I just talking to myself here?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D600 front axel swap

Got two usd front ends I'm prepping for install. Been thru the swap guides and they are real nice but I'm on a 04 d600 so what's the best way to handle the axel size difference? The usd axel is bigger due to the forks design and flex so can I convert my wheel to the larger size axel with thinner bearings? Or will the smaller axel work fine with spacers? I'm not racing but I'd like to retain the rigidity of the front end. Also my wheels are powder coated already so I'd prefer to keep them and modify them vs. Try to color match my other parts. Thanks if you got time and advice. Hell I'll post pics and a step by step but no one seems that interested! Let me know!

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
It's not that nobody cares, it's just that we don't know.

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
Why wouldn't you use the wheel which fits the forks? I realize you want to keep powder coated wheels, but you are going to have brake disk issues as well as axle issues if you use a different wheel from the one designed for the forks you are using.

·
Super Moderator
22,198 Posts
Nobody cares I guess :( but I've got some Showa usd (53mm btm clamp) forks done by gp in Oregon. I got some good looking gold toxico calipers, axel and the triple with it. Also I have the 750 advanced tech usd forks that could use all the showa parts but the bottom clamp. ...
If forks have 53mm diameter at the bottom, those are 06+ 600 or 750 forks - gold for 600, black for 750 - the only difference other than colour is the spring rate (at least per OEM) - .900 for 600, 1.000 for 750.
The Gold Tokicos are for the 04/05 series forks - not originally for the 06/07. They are not the same dimensionally
04/05 forks/calipers combo were 300mm dia rotors; the 06+ with black Tokicos were 310mm dia rotors.
06+ with gold Tokicos will need 10mm caliper spacers to match 310 rotors.

To your original question, the 06+ 600/750 forks are longer than the 1000's or the earlier 600/750.

You can find a lot of info regarding permuations and specs at this thread I created for SV's - http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=135430

Your biggest issue would be trying to use the Triumph front wheel - that has 20mm axle - all GSXRs have 25mm axle. So your simplest solution is to use Suzuki wheel

You're going to need a special top bearing - this bearing is an NTN 4T-CR-0643 (30 x 52 x 16) which will fit the GSXR ID (for steering stem) and OD for your steering head.

·
Super Moderator
22,198 Posts
You should keep all your swap related questions in same thread - no need to start new one for each question.
(perhaps you might merge these, Will?)
You could try to make some special adapter/spacers for the OEM axle - it's going to be a LOT easier to use a Suzuki wheel, especially since there is no complication with speedo drives etc. I also don't know what the rotor spacing is on the OEM wheel for your Daytona - with GSXR forks/triples that will be 127mm between the respective inside faces (132mm between center lines of calipers). What does that measure on your Triumph wheel? If smaller, you may need rotor spacers.

It is possible to get a 25x42x9 bearing (6905) - (OEM wheel bearing is 20x42x12) - not sure how well that will stand up to the load.

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
Threads are now merged. Sorry for any discontinuities.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts