Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just bought another D12 (The second in two weeks!) I know this is crazy but I haven't seen them in person but have lusted for one since my first personal sighting of one in '02.
Now to my main point... All the Hinkley bikes I've owned are bulletproof and I was wondering if the D12 is the same. I'm looking at Supercharging my daily rider with .5-1 bar. The Bonne motor can pretty much handle this and more stock but the clutch is the weak link. How about the D12?
I guess it's time for me to join RAT again too!

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Every Triumph mechanic and so called expert I've ever talked to about the T3 Daytonas have all said that their engines are way over built. They just don't break from "normal" use. I'd expect that a turbo would not harm it as long as it hasn't been abused. Do a compression check first and if it's within spec I'd say go for it.

but remember, free advice is worth what you paid for it :-g
dc

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
The standard compression on a D1200 is already very high. 12.1 I've heard. My advice would be to lower the Comp ratio if you are going to fit a blower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts