Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 triumph thunderbird 1600 blk/chrome
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still hav not heard my fan kick on yet this yr after 85 degree s and a 25 mile run .i thought 4 sure it would no signs of overheating.leaking and coolant level is dead on also looked at the fuse it seems ok 2 thks

·
Registered
470 Posts
No light, but 85 degrees doesn't mean it will go on. 85 degrees in city stop and go for about 20 minutes and it might. It would not go on in those temps if you are running most of the time....highway, mountain roads, etc. Mine never goes on till i'm in major stop and go on hot days.

·
Registered
2010 Tbird 1600 2018 Tiger 1200 XRT
544 Posts
I agree. The fan will never kick on while you are rolling good. But sit at a few stop lights and you will hear it kick in. However it’s quiet! As a test I would say at your next stop leave it running when you park. Prepare for at least 5 min and see if you hear it kick on with no ear plugs and helmet off.

Reactions: besty007

·
Registered
32 Posts
I still hav not heard my fan kick on yet this yr after 85 degree s and a 25 mile run .i thought 4 sure it would no signs of overheating.leaking and coolant level is dead on also looked at the fuse it seems ok 2 thks
I’ve not seen on on mine. But u can MAP to what ti whatever fuel or fan conditions u want. I changed mine up before I went to Sturgis knowing I’d b in stop n go traffic.

·
Registered
2010 triumph thunderbird 1600 blk/chrome
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No light, but 85 degrees doesn't mean it will go on. 85 degrees in city stop and go for about 20 minutes and it might. It would not go on in those temps if you are running most of the time....highway, mountain roads, etc. Mine never goes on till i'm in major stop and go on hot days.
thks 4 reply info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts