Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, apologies if this is available via search - I wasn't able to dig anything up. I'm working through a basket case '71 and am getting closer to needing some services. I've found some soda blasters but no vapor blasters in the area, does anyone know (and trust) one? Also looking for a good shop to do the machine work on the vintage 650 such as boring the barrels, installing new value and guides, etc. If the machine shop also blasted, even better. This is for the DC-Maryland-Virginia area, I'm near Dulles airport. Willing to drive a bit of course, such as down to Richmond. Thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Go see the folks at Cognito Moto in Richmond, or at the very least give them a call and see what they can do. If they can't do it, I know they will be able to recommend someone for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestion speedfoos. In my hunting I've found Crossroads Cycle in Falls Church which advertises doing Triumph work since 1965 so going to give them a shot. Also found Moto Relic [edited] in Loudoun which does vapor blasting. Putting these here in case others are hunting for similar. Will provide feedback later about how it goes with both.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nice. Got a link to Moto Retro? Google isn't giving up much on it. I'm up in the metro right now on business and I always like checking out cool bike shops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts