Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to replaced my Predators with The D&D pipes. I currently have the AI and Air Box Removal kits and the Arrow 2-2 Map. Was curious if anyone running these pipes could advise the best tune for them with my current mods.

This is on a 2012 Thruxton

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Going to replaced my Predators with The D&D pipes. I currently have the AI and Air Box Removal kits and the Arrow 2-2 Map. Was curious if anyone running these pipes could advise the best tune for them with my current mods.

This is on a 2012 Thruxton

Thanks
I've got the D&D TT Street pipes and I tried every tune available for the Thruxton including Predators, Arrow, etc. Unfortunately with the D&D pipes the backfire on deceleration was always extremely loud with all of them. I finally got a power commander and a custom tune at a local shop. I think going this route will get you the best performance for these pipes. Fuel consumption went down and I gained a few HP.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What mods does your bike have? I figured this was going to be a work in progress to get it right.

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
What mods does your bike have? I figured this was going to be a work in progress to get it right.

Thanks
Everyone has different tastes and the best part (for me) has been to use the bike as a creative outlet that pulls inspiration from all of the great bikes on this forum. My mods are listed below but again, there is no right and wrong when if comes to customizing your bike as YOU see fit.

D&D Exhaust
Ohlin Suspension
Kellerman Turn Signals
Custom Ignition relocation bracket (Fabricated by D9)
Woodcraft Clip-ons (Harley)
Custom Paint (Local artist in Philadelphia - Triumph of Bacchus)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So based on what you posted on your mods....you still have your airbox and AI installed....correct ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can I ask what final numbers you got on the dyno?
To the other posters question - (I should have mentioned) the addition of the power commander was in conjunction with the british customs air box removal kit. I have the dyno sheet at home and will check after work but I want to say after the mods it was at 74HP.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I stand corrected on the Dyno numbers. Finally found the DynoJet readout:

Before the Power Commander/Air Box Eliminator/ Dyno Tune:
Max Power: 57.53 Hp
Max Torque: 50.78 ft-lbs

After the Power Commander/Air Box Eliminator/ Dyno Tune:
Max Power: 67.81 Hp
Max Torque: 55.05 ft-lbs

·
Registered
449 Posts
That Thruxton is beautiful and a credit to the owner.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I stand corrected on the Dyno numbers. Finally found the DynoJet readout:

Before the Power Commander/Air Box Eliminator/ Dyno Tune:
Max Power: 57.53 Hp
Max Torque: 50.78 ft-lbs

After the Power Commander/Air Box Eliminator/ Dyno Tune:
Max Power: 67.81 Hp
Max Torque: 55.05 ft-lbs
Thanks. Those pipes are what I am interested in!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Everyone has different tastes and the best part (for me) has been to use the bike as a creative outlet that pulls inspiration from all of the great bikes on this forum. My mods are listed below but again, there is no right and wrong when if comes to customizing your bike as YOU see fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3wTBHKcnjM

D&D Exhaust
Ohlin Suspension
Kellerman Turn Signals
Custom Ignition relocation bracket (Fabricated by D9)
Woodcraft Clip-ons (Harley)
Custom Paint (Local artist in Philadelphia - Triumph of Bacchus)
So bitchin.... Absolutely love the paint.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gorgous! ThruxtonRacer: Did you have to have the whole tank/Cowl painted, or just the stripes? I'm thining of changing the stripes on my 2013 Brooklands green...

Damn. I got all kinds of ideas from your ride.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Gorgous! ThruxtonRacer: Did you have to have the whole tank/Cowl painted, or just the stripes? I'm thining of changing the stripes on my 2013 Brooklands green...

Damn. I got all kinds of ideas from your ride.
Thank you for the kind words. I apologize to the OP for getting the discussion off track.

Grimsby - Yes. I had to remove the tank and cowl, sand everything down and have it resprayed. The original '11 paint was Phantom Black with metallic flakes so I went for a jet black and the stripe was all done by airbrush. Work done by Killer Kreations in Philadelphia.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol....i understand. You bike is freaking awesome!!!

Everytime i see a post to this thread i think im gonna get some info, but nope, just people blown away with your bike. UNDERSTANDABLE !!!!"

·
Registered
207 Posts
Lol....i understand. You bike is freaking awesome!!!

Everytime i see a post to this thread i think im gonna get some info, but nope, just people blown away with your bike. UNDERSTANDABLE !!!!"
Have you purchased and fitted the pipes yet? I do enjoy the way these pipes look and how they sound (after the bike was tuned) but long term I would love to build a custom set of pipes that wrap under the seat cowl. The low clearance makes these pipes hard to justify in the practicality department. I've hit a few deep pot holes at high speed (50-70mph). I get past them with a big "thunk" but can't help but think if I were going any slower the bike would stop in place and I'd keep going with my buddy inertia. :eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts