Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've just read 2 different negative comments regarding D&D pipes. jhintw says
o and i know...the D&D pipe..well it sure is cheap and i don't have a fat wallet
and Fury states
lookin great though!
well...except for the D&D pipe....
OK, what gives? I was planning on a D&D for my next pipe. Yes, I'm looking for loud. I ride in Harley country. Comments please ...

·
Super Moderator
8,713 Posts
Excess loudness, with no corresponding gain in power. Sometimes a bit less, depending on tuning. I have never had one, but there are people who are less than impressed with their build quality, fit, and longevity. The packing has a tendency to blow out and leave you with a can with not much in it at all, so I am told.

But, if you want loud and cheap, you can't get there much more effectively.

·
Registered
907 Posts
On 2006-12-10 11:27, Will wrote:
Excess loudness, with no corresponding gain in power. Sometimes a bit less, depending on tuning. I have never had one, but there are people who are less than impressed with their build quality, fit, and longevity. The packing has a tendency to blow out and leave you with a can with not much in it at all, so I am told.

But, if you want loud and cheap, you can't get there much more effectively.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i don't care what they say! i have one and on I-5 guess what? boxers know i'm there. end of story. is it legal? probably not. could i afford a yoshi? not with the way my kids eat. so its all tradeoffs. buy a better can, watch yer spawn groan. whatevah.

·
Registered
94 Posts
oh yea one more thing, i did do a tune for it and it was weird, not good take off from standing, but sweet acceleration from 1000 thru 3000, very responsive and peppy, bump still at 3000, but beautiful after...tune cost about $40 or so...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will, Fury, Hardboiled ... Thanks for the input. Hardboiled, 2 questions: 1) Did the bike run bad without the retune and just the can? and 2) Any possibility of getting a sound clip?

·
Registered
94 Posts
it was acceptable without the tune, but i think you should, it makes it sweeter. sorry, no clip. i put the stock can back on cuz all i'm doing in winter is commuting - i put the D&D on around late spring when i'm on the highways more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another option is a Jardine Can. I've heard rumors that they are made by the same people but I'm not sure. Anyway, I bought my Rt-1 for less than a D&D and I love it. It's loud as hell and it looks great. I'm sure there are better pipes on the market, but it works for me and you can't beat the price. $150US, if you look around.

·
Registered
907 Posts
On 2006-12-14 10:12, HooliganRandy wrote:
Will, Fury, Hardboiled ... Thanks for the input. Hardboiled, 2 questions: 1) Did the bike run bad without the retune and just the can? and 2) Any possibility of getting a sound clip?

you really should buy my devil pipe instead :-D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts