Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dealt with this dealership? They will be my local dealer if and when I get the Rocket. Have tried several times to contact by e-mail, no replies yet. Just wondering what experiences, good/bad, any have had with them.
Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dennis,

As a fellow Floridian the only advice I have is to avoid Cycle Riders of Orlando. Haven't heard anything good or bad about the Pensacola dealer.

If you're writing from Kabul, I hope you return to the US soon, and in one piece.

Do you want me to try contacting them for you?

Brian

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian, no don't worry about contacting them for me...for now. Since I haven't heard from them yet I'm going to call them later on this evening (we're 10 and a half hours ahead over here) and see what is up. I was going to call last night but remembered that they are closed on Monday's (never did understand why most motorcycle dealers,...all makes, are closed on Monday's) so I was trying to give them a chance to e-mail me, but since there was nothing this morning I'll go ahead and call. Maybe they need to fire their internet guy (just kidding if you are reading this), but usually you get faster responses than this and this has been going on over a two week period.
Dennis

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I finally ended up calling them last night. The salesman, Travis, was able to track down my e-mail (an old one anyway) and took the questions I had and said he'd get back with me on some answers and some quotes. So hopefully I'll start getting this ball rolling.
Dennis

·
Registered
159 Posts
Molinoman,

I deal with them often, was just there yesterday matter a fact. I bought my 06 Sprint in May (from Travis), and have purchased the majority of my gear there as well. Most of their in-store apparel prices are as cheap as the internet without shipping. Dink and Julie own the place, and have for 24 years. Dink is the main service manager and one hell of a nice guy.

It's a family run business and they like taking care of their customers. Travis always cracks me up with that heavy NW Florida accent, and I always end up BSing with him quite a bit when there. He also rides their demo Rocket a bunch, and can answer your questions about it. The bike looks real sharp up close for sure.

I never heard much from them email wise, but plenty on the phone or in person. No, I am not affiliated with them at all, just a happy customer who continues to be pleased with their service.

I will easily and without hesitation recommend D&D Cycles to be your dealer.

Be safe over there!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alsworld, thanks for the heads up, that is what I was hoping to hear. My only dealings with them in the past were for the two helmets they sold me (had to order one in) for my Gold Wing last November as they had the color to match the Wing. So this is good news, thanks again.
Dennis

·
Registered
893 Posts
This might come a little late, but I agree with Alsworld in his high opinion of D&D in Pensacola. Well, except for the part about Travis. He's from Alabama, but about as close to Florida as you get without being in it. Also, he can put you on some great back roads and out of the way pure countrified places for great food!

Dennis

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dennis, thanks for replying, it's not too late as I'm not going to be able to buy till probably March. Right now I'm just soaking up all this info. Also am waiting for Travis to get back to me on some prices so that I can start the money trail towards this machine.
Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts