Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running these on the street? Are they as crazy loud? I've just picked up an '05 Yellow Thrux with TORS. They are just too quiet.

G

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was thinking about running them, but i know that they're not as well suited for street as they are for track use as you need to remove 1 if not both headers just to get to your oil filter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
im running them. i had the d and d slip- ons i think those were louder. only need to drop 1 headpipe to change oil besides i dont ride over 5,000 miles a year so i plan on just doing it every winter. email me here and ill send some pics [email protected] :-D

[ This message was edited by: SPRINGER1978 on 2007-03-12 21:04 ]

·
Registered
666 Posts
Friend of mine just installed the D&D's a few weeks back along with airbox removal. I run Bub's so I do not think his D&D's are crazy loud. Obviously a comparison thing. In Daytona during HD Chopper week you could barely hear either of our bikes. If it were me I think I would look hard at predators as from what I read they get high marks. I do not think the D&D's are too loud though but I am about deaf anyhow so you may want to listen to a younger ears opinion. Wonder why I have hearing loss????????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts