Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a worn out topic. Shame me if you must. I tried searching.

I have not rejetted since switching from TOR's to D&D's. Did rejet when I got TOR's, airbox removed, and AI Removal but I had the shop do it so I don't know what they did. Runs great as far as I can tell but I met up with the local Rats the other day and they said I could probably gain some hp if I rejet.

So if anyone out here has D&D 2 into 1 and no airbox/ai/nark whatever, what are your carb settings?

Thanks.
-Dylan

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
you need to get it on a dyno to get it right .You might call D&D and see what they think you should run.Wish i could help but i got 42mm carbs on my bike with those pipes.There good pipes make good hp.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Do a search for the Mikuni carb tuning guide...google it. Read it carefully and follow the instruction's regarding witness mark's on the throttle.

Throttle position is key...rpms/speed doesnt matter..

And don't be afraid to tear into the carb's and rejet the bike...it's just nuts n bolts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the responses.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've got a set coming so we can work on this together--same setup as you but I have dominator sports (145/42).

PM me if you can't find the mikuni guide and I'll email it to you.

How do you like the sound and how does it compare to the TORS?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm very interested in this as well. Right now I am running Predators with 148 mains and 42 pilots. I will get the D&D's also if there is a significant increase in horsepower. Can't wait for some dyno results!!!

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
All i can tell you is i had to lean mine out going from preds to the 2into1 that dont mean on a stock bike you will have to.My bike is a 989 stroker motor with 2 mm over ported head with 42mm carbs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Elevation?

I've got this winter to set up my 08 Black Bonnie. I'll remove the AI, do the NARK, and add Sceptre exhaust from Team Triumph. Got all this through Brent at New Bonneville.
Brent said he sent 140 main and 42 pilots.
Anyone have thoughts on how elevation adds to the equation? I'm riding mainly 5000 to 8500 feet. I'm assuming thinner air, less O2, would require a larger main, richer fuel mix. Or does it really impact?

·
29,948 Posts
Elevation does have an impact. The lower density air will make your bike run rich at higher elevations, so you will need to reduce the jet size, but I am not familiar enough to give you a number.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Compared to TOR's the sound is much louder of course and theres quite a bit of trebble in the sound. (hopefully that makes sense). I could tell a difference in performance when I installed the D&D's. Bike would rev higher and it definitly had an increase in get up and go.

My elevation is whatever Oklahoma is. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to toy around with the carbs with a buddy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Temperature also?

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/howtojet.asp

I just did a little reading and it seems that one could jet differently in the winter as opposed to summer. With the stock set up I haven't really perceived much, if any, difference in power riding at 30 degrees as opposed to 80 degrees. But at 30 degrees I'm just looking forward to getting to work. It's good power but not overwhelming power coming from the 865 anyway.
The dealer I bought from is at about 4000 feet. I wonder if jetting is in the specs when they are ordering new bikes to sell.
Looks like I might have an opportunity to change jets out a lot in the future. It may be more than I wanted to know but could prove to be interesting.
I know the mods I making will make a significant difference in performance.

whyII

1 - 15 of 15 Posts