Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Check out Cycle World's Jan. issue. Writer Peter Egan's Leanings column exposes him as a genuine Triumph nut. Seriously. I'm guessing that much adulation from a well respected American magazine writer for his new Bonneville ought to sell some Triumphs. Hell, I just bought a new Tiger, and he's making me want a Bonnie too. Even though you can wield that much power from the pulpit of a major scooter mag, manufacturers probably don't give away bikes to guys who sing their praises. So if Egan plunks down his own bucks for a Bonnie that's a pretty good endorsement in itself. In Mr. Egan's own words: "Most of all, the Triumph is fun"...that's something we've all kinda known anyway, No? www.cycleworld.com

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
The link page doesn't actually show your story (unless I can't see for looking) and a search of their site doesn't bring it up, I assume it's in there somewhere. I assume we have to buy the mag to see it ?

The link does show a first look at the 09 Scrambler and the 09 Tiger 1050 LE, plus an article of the 09 Street Triple R at the Isle of Man.

------------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Premium Member
17,528 Posts
He's said before that his motorcycle beauty perceptors were calibrated on the Triumph twins of the 60s.

Wise man. And I love his writing.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, Tbird, you may have to buy the mag to get his column. You can also get his book- a collection of earlier works from 1977 through 2000. A fine read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts