Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Driftless Admin
11,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Cycle World:

2019 Triumph Street Twin And Street Scrambler Review

The 2019 Street Twin and Street Scrambler are revamps of two important models for Triumph. I know what some of you are thinking: Important? At the models’ shared launch, on the Atlantic coast of Portugal, the British company explains the Street Twin is by far its best-selling modern classic, and the Street Scrambler spawned a well-defined niche of retro faux off-roaders since its release in 2006. So, yes, important.

Read more at: https://www.cycleworld.com/2019-triumph-street-twin-and-street-scrambler-review

hero_0.jpg

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Doesn't seem to be a "glowing" review. Not surprised by the fall one of
the testers took either. Today, you're not supposed to have to know how
to ride, you just select "slight rain or drizzle" mode and the computer should
ride the bike for you. The new 270 crank SOHC engines just don't have the
oomph the old 360 DOHC engines had. We see it mentioned in every review.
I really love the look and styling of the bikes and I'm a Triumph guy, but, it
surely seems Triumph is making British Harleys now......

·
Driftless Admin
11,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today, you're not supposed to have to know how to ride, you just select "slight rain or drizzle" mode and the computer should ride the bike for you.
Yeah, apparently what the author thinks: "so I was left wondering how the traction control had let it happen", after first blaming the tires. :rolleyes:

I remember nearly messing my pants when gunning the bike turning onto a main road from a side road stop sign. Too much gas before I was straightened out, and I hadn't noticed the sand on the road. Not sure how I didn't wreck when the bike tried to lay down, but proud to say I blamed .... me. :cool:

·
Registered
746 Posts
having ridden many of the "old" Triumphs, mt Street twin does sound like a Harley if I lug it along in a low gear, I try to avoid that. It is in 2018, the spirit of Triumphs, I'm glad they at least survived. I BTW have a switch to turn off ABS, and always disengage TC when riding twisty roads at a brisk pace. I want to know if my bike is losing traction, not suffer engine loss.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I thought the Street Twin was supposed to be a 1200cc machine. This tester can't quite contain the "power" of the mighty 900cc engine? It's a really lame review.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are a lot of reports starting to trickle through now. Most of them are very positive.

I think this is a very important bike and a great deal of thought has gone into it.
With the bourgeoning ADV market, (FAT ARSED ADVENTURE BIKES with acres of plastic) this one looks almost as capable, while appealing to the nostalgia market too- therefore the target market is very broad.

Even though it will not be cheap, they will sell truckloads of this thing.

I'm very interested.

https://thebikeshed.cc/triumph-scrambler-1200-ride-report/

·
Registered
46 Posts
Actually, having read the Cycle World report (I didn't before the previous post) they must be on drugs.

That's not the 2019 Scrambler at all. It's the previous model which is a TOTALLY different bike all together. If they were trying to fudge the 2019 model release as if they'd actually tested it, this is an epic fail.

This is the 2019 model. Read the report I posted above.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Actually, having read the Cycle World report (I didn't before the previous post) they must be on drugs.

That's not the 2019 Scrambler at all. It's the previous model which is a TOTALLY different bike all together. If they were trying to fudge the 2019 model release as if they'd actually tested it, this is an epic fail.

This is the 2019 model. Read the report I posted above.

They reviewed the Street Scrambler - a different bike from what you're looking at. You posted a photo of the Scrambler 1200 XE.

Top: Street Scrambler
Bottom: Scrambler 1200 XE

Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 3.22.10 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 3.24.02 PM.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I registered in the forum because soon I will be the owner of a 2019 Triumph Street Twin motorcycle. I am anxious!

I am a veteran motorcyclist (50 springs ...) - Ducati, Guzzi, Sanglas, Bultaco...Japanese Bikes...an 1967 Bonnie...
I am currently the proud owner of an oldie (2001) BMW 850R Oilhead (I have had several boxer models), and I have always repaired and maintained them personally.
I've traveled all over Europe always on a motorcycle ... the best way! An Old school boy!

In a week i took my brand new Street Twin!!!! I will report soon the feelings.

A hug for everyone from Barcelona!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts