Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed Thruxton NBZT needles in the CVK carbs on my 07SM, & in a word, WOW! I'm impressed. The motor is bone stock except for minor intake & exhaust changes.

Here is the current setup:

Long TORS (slashcut, straight-through)
B-C ABEK with K&N pods
Kawasaki vacuum springs (lighter rate & shorter than stock)
Thrux NBZT needles w/ one .46mm stainless steel shim
Aftermarket AB-marked 152.5 main jets
45 pilot jets
Stock float height
Air screws less than a half-turn out

It idles great & pulls like a freight train to redline with no hesitation or flat spots. Throttle response is "right now".

I plan to get it back to the dyno again eventually, but if that doesn't happen, it really doesn't matter, as the bike is happy & so am I.

As of this writing I've taken the stock carbs about as far as I reasonably can, short of having them bored out.

Until I go for a stroker motor some day I'm going to enjoy this combo. :D

·
30,517 Posts
Good stuff! It is great to hear about some tuning details related to speedmaster and america!

·
Premium Member
Black '06 Speedmaster 865, AI Delete, K&N Pods, Sceptre Pipes, TTP Coils & Igniter
81 Posts
I recently installed Thruxton NBZT needles in the CVK carbs on my 07SM, & in a word, WOW! I'm impressed. The motor is bone stock except for minor intake & exhaust changes.

Here is the current setup:

Long TORS (slashcut, straight-through)
B-C ABEK with K&N pods
Kawasaki vacuum springs (lighter rate & shorter than stock)
Thrux NBZT needles w/ one .46mm stainless steel shim
Aftermarket AB-marked 152.5 main jets
45 pilot jets
Stock float height
Air screws less than a half-turn out

It idles great & pulls like a freight train to redline with no hesitation or flat spots. Throttle response is "right now".

I plan to get it back to the dyno again eventually, but if that doesn't happen, it really doesn't matter, as the bike is happy & so am I.

As of this writing I've taken the stock carbs about as far as I reasonably can, short of having them bored out.

Until I go for a stroker motor some day I'm going to enjoy this combo. :D
@B02S4...
Hello, I know it's been YEARS since your post but hopefully you'll see this?!
Do you remember WHICH Kawasaki model/displacement bike you referenced to source the shorter/lighter vacuum slide springs???

Any/All help is much appreciated!!!

Regards,
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts