Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Thunderbird sport 1999 model that cuts out at slow speeds with throttle off.This only happens intermittently,and seems to happen when two up ..any ideas thanks .+ is red line fuel treatment any good..thanks again

·
Registered
95 Posts
How's it cutting out? Any trouble getting it re-started or smoke?

Belle's kinda doing the same thing - I stop or slow down to a walk for any length of time, and she starts idling down from 1200 or so to 800, and then dies. Once it starts doing that, sometimes it'll drop out even if I hold it at 2000 rpm with the throttle.

Turns out in my case it's bad o-rings on the float assembly and it's dumping fuel at low RPM. Something to look at anyway.

Merlyn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its idling about 1100-1200rpm,it starts straight away and may not stall for 20-30 miles.It as though u have hit the kill switch,no smoke, hesitation very strange.Is it good to run fuel treatment like redline,

·
Registered
95 Posts
its idling about 1100-1200rpm,it starts straight away and may not stall for 20-30 miles.It as though u have hit the kill switch,no smoke, hesitation very strange.Is it good to run fuel treatment like redline,
Never used redline, myself. The only fuel treatment I have any solid evidence in favor of is BG 44K. It's $22+ a can, but it does work, in my experience.

What you are describing almost sounds more electrical than fuel, though. I can't think of a fuel issue that would cause an "off like a light switch" stall like that. The frame ground being loose might though, or *possibly* a loose connection at the ECU/Ignitor harness. Afraid that's all I can think of.

Good luck!
Merlyn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes starts up and no further problems,ill have a check for loose wires etc,thanks for all your help guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts