Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this last Friday, but made a bit of a mess of the posting. Here we go again...

I found that of all the weapons in the armoury a normal woodworking 'jack' saw worked best for getting a straight/clean cut in the plastic;

And the RHS;

I made up a bracket for the fusbox from some aluminium angle;

and fitted it with rivets. I have washers under the rivet inside the batterry box;

I had a few ideas for a carb brace, but when I measured some rubber grommets that I had were 12mm ID, I simply fitted one in a piece of flat aluminium, put an M8 clearance hole in the other end and there we have it;

voila;

Forgot to show detail of the fusebox fitted;

·
Registered
959 Posts
Nice work. :cool: But what does a jack say look like. Is it like a coping saw?

Steve, gears and such :yayyy: :chug: :yayyy:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure how to describe the saw - it's a regular carpenter saw - the one you would reach for if you were going to cut a 2x4. Not a coping saw. Not a tenon saw.

The one I used had more TPI than usual as I bought it to get a clean cut on kitchen worktop material. Actually the worktop that you see in my photo's..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used the K&N's that have been widely reported on this site, RC2890 and RC2900. They are pretty expensive in the UK, but the quality is without question and UNI are not available at all in the UK (other than the 'stock' filter that Jenks keeps)

Drilled the slides (3mm) while I was at it. Kept pilot jets at standard (40) and have gone with 138 mains, 1 shim under needle.

Will post a report in the next few weeks, once this weather gets better and I get some time off work.

BTW for UK viewers only. PDQ seem to be the K&N importers, but I got a better quote from YB Filters. I ordered on YB Filters, and parts arrived from PDQ.....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Pict, I've always bee skeptical of cutting up the air box. The work you did on yours is amazing. I think I will attempt to cut up the box on my 04 Thrux instead of buying the NARK. Nice pictures!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Too Jkieler

Great pictures !!!!

The shining of your engine covers, after all the hard work ......... are they easy to keep shining ??

Mine are a bit dull and corroded and I'm planning on shining them up like you did. I've seen a load of vids and pics do you have any other "tricks" to pass on ??

Greatly appreciated
William

1 - 15 of 15 Posts