Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1997 t595 looks like pretty much all original parts. I love the bike, its just not quite mine yet, I don't know a lot about bikes except how to actually ride, and I am hoping to learn with this one. I was hoping someone here might have some pointers on what additional parts would be good on the bike to make it sound, look, and run even better. Try not to get too technical with responses, as I said at this point pretty much all i know is how to go and perform basic maintenance on the bike.

·
Registered
131 Posts
pretty basic.

Check valve adjustment history.

Check chain

Oil

Adljust clutch

Flush brakes

Check/replace tires

Brake pads

Possibly might need wheel bearing service depending on mileage and history......

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
raguilar28, First things first. The bike has to be safe and reliable, then you have to learn how to operate it safely and build some skills to go with the mechanics of operation you already know. The '97 is a very first rider friendly litre class sport bike, but can get way out of hand in a nano second if not treated with respect. Actually that's pointed more to the first time rider than which motorcycle is first.

Give it some time before any mods.

Brad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lot's of very good advice, everything on the bike seems good, he has kept a good record of the maintenance on the bike, about the only complaint is the back tire is a little worn and the left peg seems just a little bit loose... well not really loose but it has some play in it. pretty much what i'm looking for first is maybe an aftermarket exhaust something to change the look and sound of the bike that won't make a major difference as far as performance goes. all the controls on the bike fit me perfectly, it took a little while to get used to where the clutch engaged and released but now it is perfect, i was also thinking about seeing about changing the front of the bike, are their any aftermarket fairings that would go well on this bike?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts