Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering what you people think about the Thunderbird I would wish for:

I like my Speedmaster soooo much that I would consider matching a future Thunderbird to the same

The only other thing would be to exchange that small tank badge for a more 'substantial' one.
Possible the classic 'mouth-organ' one - in chrome!

Here's my speedmaster as current

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I like it, tho not sure i wouldn't be happier as it is but just with your paint job. I like the black cases too, but i decided i prefer the bird's chrome because after 4 years with my speedy i noticed after a while the black no longer has the same new look to it. Chrome can be preserved in it's new state much longer. but i do like the paint job. I'll take it in neon blue as my 05 was tho thank you. I'd also like to see the speedy front fender, a R3 rear fender or something similar, a shorter headlight, shortie pipes which thankfully ARE available for it, and the speedy's traditional mounted speedo. Do that and i would be ecstatic.

·
Registered
536 Posts
....and the speedy's traditional mounted speedo.
Ohhh YES! That would be something I'd spend more than the going price for!

Thanks for the inputs - I hadn't thought about the R3 rear fender - sounds like something to follow up on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Spot On

Now you're talking

Ring Bloor immediately and say we told him to give you a job!

But +1 on dropping the pipes

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks for the ideas....

Here's a R3 rear fender & bigger-shorter light!
IMHO - that type of front light is a YES YES YES....

here's the standard

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Now were talkin ! I was thinking of looking into a R3 fender and see if it was fittable. I also want to see if the speedmaste fender would work, tho thats probably not as likely.

I just want a better tank badge
me too, and we may get our wish....i read in an article they will be offering a more traditional one ! It's not listed in the accessories, but i have a feling that like the transitional bonnie tanks, removing the stick on badge reveals threaded holes for the traditional badges like on the older bonnies and speedmasters and such. that would also explain why we don't see them in the Tbird accessory catalog, because they aren't Tbird specific.

·
Registered
536 Posts
@MADOGA
Nice. Have you also lowered the rear ride height a tad?
Looking good.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I gotta tell you....after taking it home and really looking at it, that fender looks nite and day different and better to me ! This bike is very odd in the way it photographs i guess because pics just dont show it the way it really is. mI now am fine with the fender whereas before it bothered the heck out of me. Even the instrumentation i now have no issue with. In person the bike looks friggin sweet as he|| ! The only thing im still not crazy about is the way that headlight sticks out. i will likely look for a nice quality short one.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
hey guys, it\'s not in the triumph accessory catalog, but i did read a review somewhere where a triumph rep said there WOULD be optional badges of a more traditional variety ! If so, i would assume that the stock badges are like the ones on the new bonnies that will pry off revealing screw holes for these optional badges. If so, i\'m in.

·
Registered
536 Posts
....The only thing im still not crazy about is the way that headlight sticks out. i will likely look for a nice quality short one.
I think I'm going to look for a classic LUCAS headlight incl. Amp meter! :)

Attachments

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Like many things i wasn't too fond of in pics, once i took delivery i now like them ! The headlight i've come to like. It has a vintage hot rod sorta look as i said in another post. I swear, it's just so different once you get the bike. Even the long pipes i was going to swap for the shorties....now i still want the off road pipes, but i may get the long ones instead because i've gotten to like them. yet in the pics before i got min i hated them and wanted shorties. This bike is just so different once you bring it home and have it for a couple days. I must admit tho i think i'd like to pull the headlight in a bit, but i haven't yet check to see if theres any way to do that. A quick look seemed to reveal its not likely w/o a fabbed braket or something.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
A 1600 cc crotch rocket? That's what she looks like.
Agreed. If i wanted a crotch rocket i'd buy a speed triple or such, not one with a cruiser engine. makes little sense to me, but then i guess for every imaginable configuration there will be at least a few who will like it.

·
Banned
1,041 Posts
That was a photoshop job that was done before the tbird was ever released. Never did like that thing personally. The closest you could ever get to that with the bird engine was maybe a sport touring bike. They might could probably make a fairly decent one from the 1600 but it would be heavy and there's next to no market for it. Can't see them doing anything other than cruiser derivatives with it. We'll see.

I did make this mock-up of my bike and where I'm thinking about going with it. It's easier to work out the details on a picture than it is to spend the cash and decide you don't like something....

I'm probably happy with about 90% of this... still working on ideas though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts