Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommendation for a custom painter? I don't care where in North American they are located because I can ship the tank. I am "lucky" because my original tank had a very, very small paint bubble appear right before the warranty ran out. My dealer was able to get me a brand new tank and gave me the old one. I am going to have the old one custom painted. I would appreciate any and all recommendations.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
My brother, who owns a motorcycle shop in Cincinnati, has a guy he uses locally. He's pretty picky so I"m sure his painter is good. I'll text him tomorrow and get his contact info.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
A whole new tank for a paint bubble? And they gave you the old tank back? That is a score. Nice.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Ka-ching!! on the extra tank.

There's a guy on the Thrux board who recently had a custom paint job done. His tank and fenders now have a classical motif in yellow over black down the center midline. Nicest paint job I have yet seen on a bike. If you can get his painter you'll likely get something thats very nice indeed. He has posted a number of pics. Have a look.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Pike's Custom Art in West Unity, Ohio. Good guy, and he does good work! You can contact him at [email protected].

You can also see some of his work at:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.204406509574069.60651.203370753010978

He does a lot of wild custom stuff, but he can do anything from stock finish to faux marble to snakeskin and beyond.

I just noticed that if you go through all of the pictures, there is a Bonnie Black tank with a deep red Union Jack across it that belongs to one of our members here, and the tank after that with the shark mouth on it belongs to my brothers Honda.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are some great links. I think I am going to check out Pike. He is not too far away and I won't have to ship my tank. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pike's Custom Art in West Unity, Ohio. Good guy, and he does good work! You can contact him at [email protected].

You can also see some of his work at:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.204406509574069.60651.203370753010978

He does a lot of wild custom stuff, but he can do anything from stock finish to faux marble to snakeskin and beyond.

I just noticed that if you go through all of the pictures, there is a Bonnie Black tank with a deep red Union Jack across it that belongs to one of our members here, and the tank after that with the shark mouth on it belongs to my brothers Honda.
that doesn't look like a good union jack to me? i thought the white stripes were switched around on the flags i was looking at?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts