Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I will be tearing in to my Thrux next month for some changes and enhancements.

I am looking for ideas to customize the side covers. I saw the cool covers that Skeeter44 made, but also looking for any other ideas.

I already got an old pair of covers of e-bay, so I'm ready to start cutting!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Put a target on the side, local drivers are that bad I figured it would be safer if they aimed at me.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts

Nothing all that trick about this compared to what others have done, but because the side cover is metal, because the bike is an '02 and I had this 100 year anniversary decal, and because the covers had a few scratches I wanted fixed, I had that done and got them clear coated at the same time this winter. Underneath these covers the restrictor plate is removed, there is a TTP bellmouth, and K & N filter plus re-jet, so theoretically, I've realized most of the easy performance gains without going with ARK and pods.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts

My new custom side covers on my thruxton . Just made them. It?s on the bike but still snow outside...
Mesh behind the holes, was my first time cutting so the holes are just ok, but its home made, friend pin striped the numbers and stock colours.
86 my year of birth

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts